Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New Here- Strict Bedrest, short cervix, feeling glum  (Read 624 times)

Jhanger

• View Profile
New Here- Strict Bedrest, short cervix, feeling glum
« on: December 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM »
Hi Everyone! So on Tuesday I went for an ultrasound and found out my cervix went from 3cm to 1.3 with funnelling in about 3 weeks. I am almost 27 weeks. I was admitted to the hospital and monitored closely, then finally Friday I was permitted to go home on strict bedrest and I am taking progesterone vaginally and will go for weekly ultrasounds.
My first baby came at 25 weeks, they said it was spontaneous but now that I am having these issues the doctor said I probably have an incompetent cervix.
I feel like since being on bedrest I have had an increase in cramping in my lower abdomen and groin and lower back pains. Does anyone else have this? I hope it's just from bedrest and not something else going on...
I live an hour from the nearest place to deliver, but 3 hrs away from the nearest NICU, so my doctor is a little concerned about that.
I am quite nervous about having another premature baby, it was such a long and stressful road last time, and I didn't have any other kids at that point. Now I have my two year old to worry about as well.
Does anyone know any similar stories that made it to term? Or that eventually could get off strict bedrest?

Kttwins

• View Profile
Re: New Here- Strict Bedrest, short cervix, feeling glum
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018 at 04:51 PM »
Hi there. My cervix did something similar (3.5 cm to 1 cm in 3 weeks). I am almost 25 weeks now and because of continued signs of preterm labor I’m still in the hospital. I would run the cramping and pains by your doctor - even over the phone to start. I am starting to get sore from the bedrest too.