Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New Here complete Placenta Previa with accreta  (Read 935 times)

Lilyndra

• View Profile
New Here complete Placenta Previa with accreta
« on: December 19, 2018 at 10:44 PM »
Hi all, just found this site while looking for bedrest support online.

My story, I am currently 28 +4 days pregnant. I was diagnosed with complete Placenta Previa at 18 weeks. Had my first small bleed at 23 weeks, went to l&b and was sent home hours later as it had all stopped. Second big bleed happened at 24+1 and found out then I have placenta accreta and increta on top of the cpp. They also discovered then my cervix was short at 1.9 cm. Have been on strict hospital bedrest, with bathroom privileges, ever since (4 weeks 3 days and counting). No further bleeding since. I have had my steroid shots for baby’s lungs and am having weekly ultrasounds to watch baby’s growth, my cervix as well as the accreta/increta.

So worried every time I use the bathroom I am checking for blood. I know it is beyond my control but doesn’t help feeling like a ticking time bomb never knowing when the next big bleed will happen.  :-\

HeatherB

• View Profile
Re: New Here complete Placenta Previa with accreta
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018 at 11:22 PM »
Im sorry you are experiencing this! I had some
scares with the same complications but nothing as tremendous as what you are going through.

I started bleeding mildly around 12 weeks and I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa. I have had 5 prior c-sections and a front lying placenta so they were very worried about an accreta for me as well. I am 25 + 4 weeks now and my placenta previa has resolved and they believe my placenta is far enough away from my cervix now that they arent as worried about it being attached to the scar tissue.

Lilyndra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018 at 11:15 AM »
Thanks HeatherB,
That has to be such a relief to know the placenta has moved away!

Sounds like you have had your share of scares this pregnancy as wel, here’s hoping the rest of the pregnancy stays healthy and without complications!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018 at 11:17 AM by Lilyndra »

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018 at 11:18 AM »
I am 25 + 5 weeks today. It was a relief to have it move away. I had a lot of fear wondering if I would have a major bleed, if the baby would survive and whether or not I would need a hysterectomy if I did have an accreta and whether I would be hospitalized for weeks to months and seperated from my children.