Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for January 7, 2019  (Read 2432 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for January 7, 2019
« on: January 07, 2019 at 06:24 AM »
Welcome to another week! Tell us how many weeks along you are, what you have planned for this week, and what your favorite bed rest food is.

I ate a lot of string cheese and nuts when I was on bed rest, and also yogurt that I kept in a small fridge next to my futon on the floor in the living room. I wanted to be where all the action was with my 2-year-old Miss Sunshine. Every day was a party on the floor! Kids are very adaptable, thank goodness!

Looking forward to your updates... and to seeing you on the Live Chat on Thursday. We had the best time last week!
Angela

*Live Chat THURSDAY at 2 pm EST/11 am PST! If you're not sure which time zone you're in, here's a map: http://www.123loadboard.com/online/help/quick-reference/Time-Zones.aspx
http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Kfluitt16

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for January 7, 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019 at 02:08 PM »
I'm at 34 + 3 today, and have been on bedrest or modified bedrest since 22 weeks. I'm starting to feel the relief of making it! Hang in there ladies...the time does pass :)

This week I'm looking forward to my wedding anniversary and a birthing class.

My favorite bedrest snacks have been fresh berries, string cheese, and these Trader Joes christmas gummys (lol)

Pixiejan

• 29 weeks and counting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019 at 10:25 AM »
Hey all!

Well we had our baby boy yesterday (Monday) after 20 hrs of labour, he was sunny side up and then I think the magnesium dip slowed things down as well, but I was too dilated (7cm) for them to want to keep him in longer (and I was ready for him to be out at that point as well). He's doing really well. He was born at 30 weeks on the dot, 3 lbs 7 oz. He was on oxygen for 20min only and is now just on cpap with room air and they are really pleased with how he is doing. His weight is above average for his gestational age which will definitely give him a good start.

My favourite bedrest snack was cottage cheese with blueberries or babybels.

I'll miss hanging out with you wonderful ladies! I was so happy to find some great support here. We were diagnosed at 22 weeks with a short cervix and was on fairly strict rest for about 5 weeks. I was admitted to hospital at 25&5 and they thought he could be coming soon, so I'm super happy with making it to 30 weeks!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019 at 12:29 PM »
Congratulations, Pixiejan! It is wonderful you were able to get so many extra weeks of cookin'. I'm happy to hear your son is doing well. We will certainly miss you here! There are some absolutely amazing preemie parent support groups out there. Here's a list: https://preemieparentalliance.org/member-directory/

Lots of love to you and your bigger family!

Kttwins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019 at 12:58 PM »
Hello! After a month in the hospital (preterm labor with twins starting at 23w2d) I am now home on strict bedrest. Today also marks 28 weeks! I have my first outpatient follow up appointment tomorrow and so far things seem to be going pretty well.

Kttwins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019 at 01:08 PM »
Congratulations Pixiejan! Happy Birthday + 1 day to your son! I'm so glad he is doing well. 22 weeks to 30 weeks is amazing <3

Mamaato

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019 at 04:32 PM »
Congratulations Pixiejan. I am very happy your son is doing well.

Lilyndra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019 at 04:48 PM »
Congratulations Pixiejan! That’s so amazing you were able to keep cooking until 30 weeks!

Yay kttwins for making it to 28 weeks! Such a huge milestone for baby!

Also checking in, still on hospital bedrest (7 weeks and 2 days and counting!) currently 31+3 days now!

My favourite bedrest snacks have been cheese slices, popcorn and yogurt! I also have a stash of chocolate turtles in my room when I’m craving something sweet!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019 at 01:48 PM »
Quick reminder! We are 10 minutes away from the Live Chat. Hope to see you all! http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/