Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Made it to 24 weeks praying to make it it 28  (Read 166 times)

Kellymay2019

• View Profile
Made it to 24 weeks praying to make it it 28
« on: January 14, 2019 at 04:32 AM »
My crazy pregnancy nightmare started on December 31  during my atomic scan. I was told that I had a short cervix of 1.3 and funneling I had no idea what that meant but I was told that I would be scheduled for an emergency Cerclage the upcoming Friday. That Friday the surgeon had to place my emergency Cerclage carefully after he realized I had bulging membranes. Since then I’ve been a ball of emotions because I still have some funneling and short cervix measurements between 1.2-1.5. I finally made it 24 weeks and got my first set of steroid shots for the baby’s lung.. I need some positive stories and reinforcements I really want my baby girl to stay in as long as possible I just hate the feeling that my body is failing my baby girl.. I pray a lot and that’s the only thing that’s been keeping me sane through this whole ordeal and Bedrest.

Lauren237

• View Profile
Re: Made it to 24 weeks praying to make it it 28
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019 at 07:04 PM »
Hi Kellymay,

I absolutely know how you are feeling. They found my cervix was at 1.4 with funnelling at 24 weeks, the Drs thought it was too risky for a cerclage so they recommended bed rest and progesterone. I felt like a ticking time bomb, not knowing if I would go into labour later that day or week.

The good news is I'm now 30 weeks, and my short cervix has been stable at 1.4 for the last 6 weeks. Hoping for another 6 weeks but also feeling very grateful that we made it this far.

While short cervix is a risk factor for preterm labour, it can hold! Also know that you're doing everything you can at this point, and every day that passes is a small victory.

Lauren

Kellymay2019

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019 at 10:05 PM »
Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your story funny enough I plan to name this lil munchkin Lauren as well!! :)...  sometimes i just wonder if everything is ok with my cervix but I met with my mfm doctor today who assured me that my cervix remained stable at 1.4- 1.6. Also that my cerviX was closed and that the Cerclage was holding. Congrats on getting to 30 weeks you will Get to the other 6 weeks... let’s keep in touch and best of luck with your lil bundle!

Lauren237

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019 at 10:07 PM »
Great name choice  :)

Also wonderful news from the doctor!

Kttwins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019 at 05:16 PM »
Hang in there! I was diagnosed with preterm labor and a short cervix (1cm thick and dilated 1cm) at 23w2d. I am having twins so I wasn't a good candidate for a cerclage. I was started on mag sulfate followed by a few different medications to stop contractions and finally progesterone supplements. I was in the hospital for a month and then sent home after a follow up cervical evaluation showed my cervix was thicker (2.3cm). I am now 29w1d and home on bedrest. My next cervical evaluation is the end of this week and I'm nervous/excited to see where it is now.

Kellymay2019

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019 at 01:11 AM »
Well hi kTtwins!!
Congrats to making it to 29 weeks almost at 30 exciting!!!  Your story gives me hope that I can make it as far and hopefully start measuring longer! Good luck with your upcoming appointment I hope the babies are doing well!!!! Keep us posted.