Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New here .55mm cervix 24w5d need success stories  (Read 367 times)

Asmajkan

• View Profile
New here .55mm cervix 24w5d need success stories
« on: January 24, 2019 at 09:01 PM »
Hi,

This is my second pregnancy and was diagnosed with CI at 22w+3 cervix .6mm. I’m on SBR and been in the hospital 2 weeks now. I also have a 18 month old son at home which makes it so much harder being away from him.

Yesterday (24w +4) i measured at .55mm and they finally placed a pessar ring
Im having cramp like pains , is that normal ?

Also I need success stories !

HeatherB

• View Profile
Re: New here .55mm cervix 24w5d need success stories
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019 at 09:04 AM »
Welcome! Im sorry you have to be seperated from your son. I hope things progress well and look up from here on out!

Kttwins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM »
Hello! I don't know if I am a success story quite yet...but this is my first pregnancy and I am having twins. My cervix was <1cm long and dilated 1cm at 23w2d. After lots of ups and downs I am now 31w1d and still pregnant. On last check my cervix is still <1cm long and I am now 2-3cm dilated. I am not a candidate for a pessary because I have been having contractions this entire time.

Asmajkan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019 at 07:37 AM »
Wow you def are a success story for being still pregnant ! 31 weeks is a good week ! Im 26 today and hoping to make it to 28 and then of course 32 and 34 and so on ! Are you on strict bed rest ? I have a pessar and as of right now my cervix is still closed but im still on strict bed rest and its really hard just laying here😩 ! 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019 at 07:38 AM by Asmajkan »

bed bound and down

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019 at 08:22 AM »
I know how hard it is being on strict bedrest. I think it was the single hardest thing I've done in my life so far. In your head you know you are growing a little baby as big as you can, but another part of you feels like your doing nothing. The last time I took up embroidery, and making little decoupage boxes just to keep my hands busy. So far for this pregnancy I'm only on modified bedrest, but I'm working with my husband on putting together a window bench day bed in the living room with built in storage for craft supplies, so I'll have everything I need within easy reach.

Hopefully you have a long boring wait ahead of you. Figure out how to keep your mind and body active (well at least the parts of your body your allowed to move ;) ) talk to your doc about what types of physical therapy exercises you can do now without putting yourself at risk. Muscle loss is a real thing, and you'll need that strength once baby comes.
I have you in my thoughts and hope little one stays put for awhile longer.