Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New...2 stitches...  (Read 1025 times)

Shaquitta

• View Profile
New...2 stitches...
« on: January 25, 2019 at 01:15 PM »
Hello everyone! I’m curently 18wks 6days. At 16wks I went in for my cerclage as a preventative measure dues to my prior pregnancies being being preterm. When I got there I had already dilated 2cm. I went to the doctor for my weekly progesterone shots and was sent to the hospital for contractions yesterday. Baby is healthy and fine. However, I’ve now dilated 1cm after my cervix being completely closed. My doctor told me because I have an incompetent cervix and cervical funneling, my water may break. I have no other symptoms other than contractions here and there. No pain or anything. Because the doctor wasn’t concerned about me being in labor she told me to drink a lot of water, bedrest but not strict, and the goal is to make it to 24wks & beyond. However, I know from prior experience with my pregnancies I should be on complete bedrest. It’s good to see other women who has similar issues still make it to 24wks. I pray I make it to 24wks and seeing these stories gives me more hope!

HeatherB

• View Profile
Re: New...2 stitches...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019 at 09:10 AM »
Welcome! I hope and pray that your pregnancy continues and things look up for you from here on out.

Shaquitta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019 at 04:25 AM »
Thank you so much!

bed bound and down

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019 at 08:48 AM »
Wow this sounds so much like me. I'm currently 22 weeks 4 days. I have a history of miscarriage and preterm labor. I've been getting progesterone since 16 weeks, but started contracting at 20 weeks I went into the hospital and they told me I was dialated to 1.5 cm with a softening cervix,  but sent me home because my contractions were 45 min apart, and seemed to be slowing on their own. My doc doesn't seem very concerned because my cervix hasn't changed in 2 weeks, and my contractions completely stop whenever I get my progesterone shot. However the pattern is that for the last 3 days before my next dose I'm a nervous wreck who regularly contracts between every 2hrs to every 20min. Everyone keeps telling me to be positive, but I'm just setting small goals for myself.  First make it to viability, second make it to 28 weeks, third see where it goes from there.

Shaquitta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019 at 10:56 PM »
Bed Bound and Down! I pray everything goes well with your pregnancy! Bedrest really does help. I went to my weekly appointment on Thursday and my doctor told me I was doing well. I’m fact, this was the first time I met the actual doctor over all the doctors in that office. He told me to stay strictly on bedrest like I’ve been doing and do NOTHING else. I have a lot of Faith and believe my baby girl will be okay. I’m 20wks now. I know I’ll make it to 24wks. I haven’t had any pain and actually feel pretty good. The contractions aren’t as much as they use to be. I make sure I stay off my feet and only get up to go to the restroom. My goal is to make it 36wks. Once I make it to 24wks, my doctor will admit me to the hospital to start my steroid shots.