Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for February 5, 2019  (Read 583 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for February 5, 2019
« on: February 04, 2019 at 07:39 AM »
It's February and here you are! Your dedication to your babies is wonderful.

Are any of you planning to have a baby shower? If so, at how many weeks along? Or will it depend on when you get off bed rest? Or, would you do a "meet and greet" after the baby is born? Where would you have it? At your house so you don't have to travel? Or do you think your OB would give you the OK to go to a friend or family member's house?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Thursdays at 2 pm (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Preventing and treating preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/prevention-treatment/preventing-preterm-birth/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

bed bound and down

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for February 5, 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019 at 11:55 AM »
I really regret not having a baby shower for my daughter. She was born at 29 weeks and I spent the month before her birth on hospital bedrest. I received permission to have a baby shower in the family lounge on the anti partum ward, but the party never came together. I was really bummed out because I was really looking forward the party and having visitors.

This time around I have all the necessary baby stuff, but I still really want a shower. Both my sister and my mother have offered to host one in my hometown which is about an hour and a half away from where I live now. We are shooting for having it in my 28th week. I'm actually Ok with travelling and spending the night because it puts me an hour closer to the hospital I would be giving birth at if I go into labor before 32 weeks. I really want to avoid another helicopter ride if possible ;)

Lauren237

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019 at 03:31 PM »
Hi all,

I've been on bed rest since 24 weeks for short cervix with twins, now we're at 33 weeks!

My mom is planning our baby shower, and she wants to have it after the babies are born so people can also meet the twins. It would definitely be more convenient to have it at our place but it's wayyyy too small, so it will at my parents place about 45 mins away.

Hope everyone is having a good week, we made it to Feb!

Lauren

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019 at 09:59 PM »
Being pregnant after loss is such a difficult and ever evolving rollercoaster of emotions. Top that with a complicated and high risk pregnancy, I felt it is better for me to celebrate once my little one is finally in my arms. I’ve been on bedrest since 20wks and I’m now 33wks...I have not even started to shop or buy anything for the nursery. Both my husband and I figured that since we don’t live in the sticks in the middle of no where things can be easily purchased. The only thing we are thinking of buying is our car seat when we get closer to 35wks.

Its different for everyone, for me this was my choice...

Moonrising

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019 at 02:08 PM »
I plan to have a meet and greet once the baby is born because I'm currently on strict hospital bedrest. Kind of sad that I didn't get to have a baby shower or take maternity pictures... I'm having it at my house so baby and I won't have to travel!

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019 at 04:57 PM »
I'm 32 weeks now. Things seem to be stable. There were some concerns about the babies growth as the abdomen was measuring big so I am eating the gestational diabetes diet although I passed my 3 hour sugar test. I'm not having a shower as I have what I need from prior pregnancies and this is my 7th viable pregnancy.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019 at 09:59 AM »
Hello, ladies!

Thanks for sharing your plans! It's a question that often comes up often, so I think it's interesting to see what other moms chose to do. For me, I had a shower at my mom's house (about half an hour away) at 36 weeks. With my son, I felt too nervous to buy anything except for two T-shirts, but my mom brought us a big gift bag of boy's clothes once he arrived safely. I will always remember that!

Moonrising: I have only 2 (!!!) pictures from when I was pregnant with my son. I felt down, and worried, and frumpy, so it just didn't seem important then. I really regret it. If you get the OK from your OB (maybe once you get to a certain point) maybe your partner or a friend could come and take a few pictures. You might also look into a photographer who will come to you. They may have a backdrop they could set up behind you.

Who will be joining us for the Live Chat tomorrow? Take a minute now to set an alarm for 2 pm Eastern. It'll be fun!

Sending you all lots of love and positive thoughts! 

--Angela

Goldielocks1881

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019 at 06:03 PM »
I just found out I have less than 1cm cervix left at 23 weeks and am on bed rest. My shower was already scheduled earlier since I’m having twins I figured a little earlier the better. Since the bed rest I just cancelled the shower rather than try to mess with people’s schedules for a later one.  I also wasn’t sure how I’d feel if the babies were still in the NICU. Thought about a Sip and See but worried about if they were very premature that a lot of people over might not be advised? So I just said I’d love to have people visit once the babies are born healthy and are stable. Definitely a bummer, I’m pretty traditional and this would be my only shower theoretically, but as long as I can make it to 32 ish weeks with these babies in me I really don’t care! :)