Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: PPROM @ 31w 5d  (Read 234 times)

Moonrising

• View Profile
PPROM @ 31w 5d
« on: February 05, 2019 at 05:54 PM »
Hey Mamas! I am new here and i thought I'd share my story. At 31w 5d my water broke and I was admitted to the hospital. I have been here a week and I will be 33 weeks on Wednesday. My doctor and I have previously discussed about trying to stay pregnant until 37 weeks if possible. I have had a lot of residents walk in and tell me that instead of 37 weeks, that the goal should be to induce me at 34 weeks. I brought this up to my doctor and he told me to ignore them and follow his plan. I have been doing good and have had my own room up until last night. My roommate has been irritating me  and she keeps complaining about how she has major anxiety and cannot stand roommates.The nurses and doctors are apologizing because I have been in pretty good spirits until now. I feel miserable and uncomfortable because my tunmmy hurts (I can't poop with people around.)  Like I don't want. a roommate either but I'm not sitting here and complaining making her feel uncomfortable. I cried a lot yesterday too because I feel so stuck. I don't have a say of when I can do anything. I love my baby and he deserves this and more.. I just feel like a bad mom because I'm so stressed and irritated now. Somedays I wish he would just come sometimes.. especially when I hear babies crying and then they get to go home. Yes, I know it would be worth it in the end and I have talked to the nurses.. I have done everything I could do... I am just tired and over it all.

bed bound and down

• View Profile
Re: PPROM @ 31w 5d
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019 at 07:29 PM »
have you gotten steroid shots yet? I honestly think they really help if you know your child is going to be premature. I know after your water breaks alot about when to deliver depends on fluid levels and possible infection developing. It's not always best to wait, but it really depends on your situation. Always advocate for yourself and if something just doesn't feel right let your doctors and nurses know, and if the feeling doesn't go away don't let them write it off.

Docusate sodium is great at providing gentle relief for some of the tummy trouble you describe and is safe in pregnancy. Sometimes when we have digestive issues due to stress or for other reasons it can hide contractions or cramping that could indicate that the doctor needs to keep a closer eye on things.

Know your not alone and that you will survive this.

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019 at 10:01 PM »
I had pprom at 34 weeks 5 days with my last pregnancy. The doctor insisted on a csection instead of letting me wait. My son spent 5 days in NICU and is now healthy and almost 3. I think it would be great for you to make it to 37 weeks if you can. I agree with your doctor to try to drown out the residents. They all have an opinion and its not always the best one.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019 at 09:06 PM »
Hi, Moonrising.

Rachel posted this message for you on our Facebook page:

I know exactly how you feel. I was on strict hospital bed rest for almost 4 months due to incompetent cervix (yes, months) and I know what you mean about having to use the bathroom while others are in the room! I had a roommate for a little while and she had very few restrictions while I wasn’t even allowed to sit upright. Very stressful situation all around, but eventually I got a private room and I was able to put things in perspective. My goal was a healthy baby and my daughter was born at just over 38 weeks. She’ll be 10 years old next month.