Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Newbie! 24 wk with 6mm cervix twins  (Read 432 times)

Goldielocks1881

• View Profile
Newbie! 24 wk with 6mm cervix twins
« on: February 06, 2019 at 06:26 PM »
Just diagnosed with short cervix last week at 23 weeks with twins. It was a scary day but im not dilated yet or leaking so there’s that to be thankful for so far. I’m on bed rest until The foreseeable future, made it one week tomorrow! I hope time passes a little faster. I was never a patient person and am constantly moving. The kind of person that when I get home from a long day at work I just decide to re organize my whole garage because I can. So laying on my side is rough all day! But SO worth it if I can keep these babies in for another 8-10 weeks minimum!

I’d love to hear suggestions on passing the time and others success stories. I was so convinced it was over until I started looking online and see a lot of women make it. It made me so hopefully! I’m a first time mom and everything is so new. When the progesterone leaks out of me I panic it’s my water breaking. When I get a gas cramp I panic that I’m dilating. I’ve had constant Braxton Hicks, sometimes 6 or more per hours, that are being made better since on bed rest, but still terrified of them.

Any tips from the pros or similar situations welcome!

Lauren237

• View Profile
Re: Newbie! 24 wk with 6mm cervix twins
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019 at 04:35 PM »
Hello again,

I just replied to your other post, but our stories sound so similar! I'm also FTM with twins and short cervix diagnosed around the same time (after being completely normal at 20 week scan).

I also got super paranoid about the extra discharge with the suppositories being my water breaking... had my OB check me numerous times! Also get a lot of BH contractions which I have been told is normal with twins but still freaks me out, and I've stayed awake many nights counting period between them. And I also get worried about every gas pain being a contraction and constantly feel my belly to see if it's soft or tightening. So you are absolutely not alone!

When I was first put on bedrest I was very ambitious about how I would spend my time - thought about doing some online courses etc. But for me, I had a lot of anxiety especially during the first month, and what helped pass the time the most was to zone out in front of the TV as it was the best distraction from worrying thoughts. I also did some knitting off and on and we bought a Nintendo switch - I haven't played video games since I was a kid, but it has been pretty good for passing the time! Also having a bit of structure to the day helps, so I move back and forth from my bedroom to the living room couch and alternate 'activities'.

Anyways, I'm still pregnant almost 10 weeks after discovering short cervix. And if I can do it you can too! Now i'm trying to appreciate this time of quiet rest before we have two newborns to take care of!

All the best,
Lauren