Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 21 weeks with twin boys and on hospital bed rest  (Read 585 times)

Vanessa

• View Profile
21 weeks with twin boys and on hospital bed rest
« on: February 23, 2019 at 03:36 AM »
I am 21 weeks pregnant with twin boys. Been trying fertility treatments for 7 years. First pregnancy.
Last week Saturday, I went to ER with spotting not much worried because I have fibroids.
Dr then saw bulging membranes. I was admitted immediately. They attempted a stitch on Monday but couldn't push the membranes back so it failed.
I had so many set backs this week. My one twins water is leaking out. And this morning I have spotting again.
I am on strict bedrest in hospital without toilet access and lying in tredelenburg position.
This is so hard and sad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019 at 10:02 AM by Angela »

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019 at 03:44 PM »
Hi there I’m so sorry that you’re hoing through this. Though my experience is a little different from yours I was also placed in hospital bedrest when they discovered my cervix had shortened at 20wks. My OB did manage to put a stitch in and admitted me in hospital for bedrest but I was allowed toilet privileges.

I was in hospital until I reached 30wks. This is my second pregnancy having lost my first born daughter in 2017. I understand the fear of the unknown and the anxiety. I tried to do fill my day with activities so it felt like I had routine. I began knitting and I surprised myself that I learned how to so lying down. I did meditate first thing in the morning and right before I slept. I also planned my visitors visiting times. I read a book called Pregnancy Brain written by a Psychologist who went through a high risk pregnancy and had a micro-premmie that helped me understand and to what my body needed from me or what it was telling me.
Her instagram profile is below healthy.highriskpregnancy is her username and she also has podcasts on itunes.
https://instagram.com/healthy.highriskpregnancy?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=viqfpw97s71d

There were times I wished I coupd fast forward to know what my outcome would be during those weeks of bedrest. Its scary knowing I had to let go of things I couldn’t control especially when it involved my baby. But I had to trust that I was in the right place, that my OB and midwives were doing all they can to give me the best care for the best possible outcome.

I’m now 36wks.

I wish you all the very best, know you are doing all you can and its ok to feel not ok sweet mama. Xoxo

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 21 weeks with twin boys and on hospital bed rest
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM »
Hi, Vanessa!

I have LOTS of messages to share with you from our members on Facebook. We are all cheering you on!

From Melissa:
I know from experience how hard of a time this is—no one gets it who has not been through it. But you can do it. You can. Take it one hour and day at a time. Every day is a victory. Sending strength, prayers and good vibes your way. Hang in there.

From Thee baby Lady:
Oh sweet mama....thinking of you during this time of uncertainty. Please know that you are in our thoughts and never alone. May your boys grow strong every day. <3 Big HUGS.

From Jenny:
Thinking of you and your babies, every day they're growing stronger.

From Skye:
You are amazing!!!!

From Claire:
Stay strong Mumma! One day at a time. Gratitude for the small wins.

From (another) Vanessa:
Everyday is a victory. Read and interact with people who have success stories. Keep your mind strong.

From Sara:
You’ve got this mama. Take it a minute at a time, a day at a time. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers! 💙💙

From Stephanie:
You are an amazing woman and mom! I have been there and while it seems endless now every single day makes a difference. Every single day is a victory and testament to you strong mama!! You can do this. You will be mad and sad and lonely and that’s ok. Most of all, you will be a mom doing everything she can for her babies. I am sending you love and hugs and strength from another mama who has been there - it will be so worth it. You got this ??

From Alison:
Sending positive vibes your way. Every day is a huge success, so just remember to get through each day!

From Emma:
just thinking of you x

From Sue:
Hang in there and do the best you can for those precious babies!

From Christina:
My cervix went at 22w with my twins. Once was IUGR and it was all just so scary. I ended up on hospital bed rest. The docs had me upside down, on magnesium, etc. The 24/7 monitoring was painful trying to find my little IUGR baby...please just find even more strength that you knew was ever imaginable to endure this. I will send prayers for you, the little ones and the medical team working to keep those babies put!

From Stephanie: 💙

From me:
Wishing you the best!!! Sending prayers...