Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 18, 2019: Any St. Patrick's Day babies?  (Read 473 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Who's still cookin'? Any deliveries last week? Any St. Patrick's Day babies? What do you ladies have planned for this week to help pass the time?

We had a couple of ladies come out for the Live Chat last week. I hope we can add a few more this week. It's a lot of fun when we get a crowd! Our Live Chats are Thursdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific.

It seems like many new members joined last week, so I hope you all will take a minute to fill us in on how you're doing, either here or in a "Share Your Story" post. Keep 'Em Cookin, mamas!

--Angela

Linds

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 18, 2019: Any St. Patrick's Day babies?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019 at 03:54 PM »
I delivered my little guy yesterday (March 17) at 34+4. He was 4lbs 11oz and doing well so far in the NICU. Hopefully our stay isn’t too long

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019 at 04:09 PM »
Hi, Linds!

Congratulations! It is wonderful that he had all those extra days of cookin' during your six weeks on bed rest. You are a tough mama. If you'd like to get some support as a preemie parent, there's a list of organizations here: https://preemieparentalliance.org/member-directory/ There are also Facebook groups as well.

Your hospital might even have a parent mentor program or parent counseling available to help you handle the stress of the NICU after a complicated pregnancy. Wishing you lots of snuggles both in the NICU and out.

Mamaato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019 at 07:31 PM »
Congratulations Linds

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019 at 04:34 PM »
I delivered my daughter on 03-16 at 11:15 am after my water broke (PROM) at 38 weeks 0 days. She was 9 lbs 15 oz and 21.25 inches long. Her apgar scores were 5 and 7. She had a difficult time with her respirations when she was born. Her blood sugar was 26.

Nicu assessed her but by then, she was doing better so was sent to newborn nursery. It was discovered that she had a heart murmur and different blood pressures in her limbs. She was admitted to NICU for two days for testing. Her symptoms normalized and it was determined her heart murmur was non life threatening and she was returned to maternity. I had to out her on formula for a few days to regulate her blood sugar.

Despite not being able to nurse at first, we are exclusively breastfeeding 8 days later. I am very thankful for that as I didnt think she would transition when my milk came in.
She was also given phototherapy for newborn jaundice and we were able to go home.

My csection was uneventful. The placenta previa had corrected itself and despite having an anterior placenta, it was far enough away from the scar tissue that it didnt cause any problems. My intestine was adhered to my uterus but they were able to free it. My doctor said that I had less adhesions than he expected for a 6th csection. The baby was out in 5 minutes and my whole surgery done in less than an hour.