Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Second pregnancy with cerclage plus progesterone  (Read 213 times)

Jeanette87

• View Profile
Second pregnancy with cerclage plus progesterone
« on: March 25, 2019 at 02:29 AM »
Currently pregnant for the second time. First pregnancy doctors discovered I had a shortened cervix(2.3 cm) and 2 cm dilated. I got a rescue cerclage at 19wks and 4 days and then put on bedrest till 28 weeks plus progesterone suppositories. I returned to work after 28 weeks gestation. The lowest cervical measurement was 2.1cm. I ended up going into labour with my son at 37 weeks on the dot! Very grateful for
Cerclages.
I’m on my second pregnancy with a preventative cerclage put in at 16 weeks, currently 24 weeks, been on progesterone since 6 weeks due to low progesterone and past history and bedrest since 16 weeks. My highest cervical measurement this time around has been 3cm post cerclage when it fell from 3.6 cm.
I’m very grateful for where I am right now but I’m finding bedrest harder this time. Having a toddler(who will be 3 end of May) brings a lot of mom guilt. I can’t do much with him or even take him out, but he’s just happy to have me home.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Second pregnancy with cerclage plus progesterone
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019 at 01:37 PM »
I remember very well the situation you were in. My daughter was two and a half when I spent 15 weeks on bed rest for my son. I felt guilty often and I hated seeing other people doing things with her that were what I would normally do. But some interesting things happened. There were activities that became special just to us (reading, play-doh, educational online games, snack time). Lots of snuggling. I actually wrote a book about how you and your young child can still find times to have fun and to bond. (See the ad at the top of the page or go to https://amzn.to/2FqK58P

So here's what I want you to remember. I spent 15 weeks on the floor of our living room laying on a futon. We explained that mommy had to stay on "the blue square." The night I turned 37 weeks, my husband tossed that futon out on the curb! I never wanted to see it again. When my daughter came down the next morning, she looked where the futon had been all those months. She looked at the empty space for just a few seconds with a puzzled look on her face. Then she looked at me and asked, "Can I have milk?"  She forgot it that fast! Kids are more resilient than you'd think.

You both are going to get through this! (((hugs)))

Jeanette87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019 at 03:09 PM »
Thank you Angela. I keep trying to remind myself it’s only temporary and it’s all for the greater good and having another sibling for my son to grow up with.

JenniiiferrrJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019 at 04:41 AM »
Im in the same boat, mom guilt is the worst. My daughter is 2.5 years old and she cries when I'm not able to pick her up yet she tells everyone how excited she is to meet her baby brother this summer. We will get through this!