Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Success Story  (Read 259 times)

Kfluitt16

• View Profile
Success Story
« on: April 06, 2019 at 11:35 PM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to share the end of my story, and give all you mamas some hope that bedrest IS worth it. I was put on bedrest at 22 weeks due to bleeding and contractions/irritable uterus. I had previously had a healthy pregnancy which resulted in my son, and then 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy. I was on bedrest from weeks 22-36. It SUCKED but it was what my body needed. Basically whenever I would do "too much" (could be as simple as do laundry), I would start having intense, regular contractions. Ended up in labor and delivery 3 times with labor scares.

BUT...my healthy, beautiful baby boy was born just 3 DAYS before his due date! He cooked longer than my first-born! He is now almost 2 months old. It's strange to look back on bedrest because it seemed like it would last forever at the time..but it's now a distant memory. So have hope that it will end. I will be praying for you all during this tough journey. This verse was my source of comfort through it all: " May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Hang in there ladies!

HeatherB

• View Profile
Re: Success Story
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019 at 03:05 AM »
So happy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Success Story
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019 at 12:31 PM »
That is wonderful! Congratulations! Thanks for taking the time to share your story. I know it will be an inspiration to other moms!