Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 26 weeks, emergency cerclage, short cervix  (Read 504 times)

Karla

• View Profile
26 weeks, emergency cerclage, short cervix
« on: May 03, 2019 at 04:32 PM »
Hi ladies,

This is my 5th pregnancy. I had three full term pregnancies without complications. Last year I suffered a missed miscarriage.
 I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. I was diagnosed with a large hematoma at 7 weeks. I bled until 22 weeks and it has finally resolved.
At my 20 week morphology scan I had a long Closed cervix. 2 weeks later it had shrunk by half. A week of progesterone later and my cervix had shrunk again. I had emergency surgery for a cerclage the next day at 22+6. On the op table I was effaced, 4cm dilated and membranes and bub protruding.
They managed the pop my membranes in and secure with a cerclage at about 1cm.
I then had a few days bed rest and reduced activity. A week later my cervix was 3cm!
I recently had a scan at 26 weeks after reduced activity and some bed rest, also progesterone, and my cervix has reduced again to 1.6cm.
The last month has turned me into an anxious head case. I worry about every niggle and pain. I also worry that the drs do not think I need steroids yet. However I have very quick labour sand this makes me worry I won’t get them in time. My next appointment and scan isn’t until 28 weeks. I really hope I get there!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019 at 08:06 PM by Karla »

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 26 weeks, emergency cerclage, short cervix
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019 at 10:46 AM »
Hi, Karla.

How has everything been for you?

Karla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019 at 05:15 PM »
Hi Angela,

I recently had my 28week scan that showed my cervix stayed around 2cm and stitch is still intact. Next goal 30 weeks. Feeling a lot less anxious now having reached this gestational milestone, however still concerned as yet to have steroids.

kkbwill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019 at 07:38 PM »
Glad to read that cerclage is holding for you!  I totally understand about feeling anxious and  worrying about every little ache/pain.    I’m the same way.   It’s hard to know if it’s normal pregnancy pain or the start of preterm labor.  I’m going in every 2 weeks too but they aren’t doing cans for me anymore.   Just the fetal fibronectin test.  I wish they would still scan to give me the reassurance that cervix hadn’t shortened more.  Hang in there!   

Dimitrula

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019 at 04:06 AM »
Hello,how is going Karla?
I hope everything is ok.iam on the same situation and I would like to know..I wish all the best!