Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: oh, the bed sores!  (Read 1871 times)

cshpgh

oh, the bed sores!
« on: July 20, 2010 at 06:43 AM »
My name is Christina and tomorrow will mark 4 weeks on total bed rest, one of which was spent in the hospital. After reading some of your stories about being on bed rest for 5 months, I now know I'm one of the lucky ones! I am 30 weeks and 6 days today, and reaching my first few goals of 28 weeks and then 30 weeks felt great. I have a central placenta previa and history of preterm labor (my 2 year old son was born at 32 weeks). I'm having lots of contractions, regularly spaced at about 15-20 minutes, but there have been a few mornings where I haven't had any. My next goal is 32 weeks, then 34 weeks, which would be the ultimate triumph for me. Having a girl and the name is still undecided. I just ordered a 4 inch, 4 pound memory foam bed topper to try to alleviate some of the extreme hip pain I'm having, and am keeping my fingers crossed that it works (our mattress is only a year old, but very firm). Reading LOTS of books, checking credit reports for the first time in a couple of years, and converting my rolodex to a computer-based program. Still totally bored, but at least I feel like I'm doing some useful things. Thank goodness for laptops!! :D