Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cervix shortening at 22 weeks  (Read 104 times)

CathB

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Cervix shortening at 22 weeks
« on: July 14, 2019 at 05:28 AM »
Hi everyone, I had a Leep and cone procedure done last year to remove abnormal cells from my cervix. I fell pregnant a few months later.

At my 21 week scan my cervix was measuring 3.5cm. Then one week later at 22 weeks it was only 3cm. I have another check next week at 23 weeks.

Has anyone else been in a similar position?
If it reduces further would you recommend having a cerclage put in after 23 weeks?

Brooke

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Re: Cervix shortening at 22 weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019 at 07:43 PM »
I was told I had short cervix with cervical funneling around 24 weeks. Mfm ob said I had missed the window to get a Cerclage, so I’m on progesterone daily and bedrest from 24 weeks until birth. I’ll be 30 weeks tomorrow, cervix is currently 2.1 :( You should be fine unless it gets below 2.5, then you’re at risk for preterm labor. Take it easy, don’t lift anything, recline or lay as much as possible... anything to try to keep as much weight off your cervix as possible!

clm726

• View Profile
Re: Cervix shortening at 22 weeks
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019 at 10:48 AM »
They caught my cervical shortening at my anatomy scan.  At 20 weeks, it was 2.1cm.  I started progesterone and modified bed rest along with my weekly cervix checks.  At 24 weeks, it was 9mm.  I went to the hospital and did the steroids and magnesium, and was sent home.  I still go to weekly checks, and at 26 weeks, cervix was 6mm.  I'm still home on bedrest, but they are comfortable with me at home waiting until my contractions are more than 10 in an hour.  So, here I stay.  I'm 26+2 today.  I hope everyone else is finding ways to pass the time.  Best of luck to all of you.  Positive thoughts!!