Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Early labor at 21 weeks, lost child. Will need cerclage and progesterone  (Read 512 times)

dalygu

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Hello,
June 20th I lost my baby due to IC. I was only 21 weeks pregnant. I'm now learning of the cerclage surgery and progesterone weekly shots. I want to get pregnant again. How effective is the cerclage in combination with the weekly progesterone shots? I want to make sure that I do not go into early labor and get as far into pregnancy, preferably 37 weeks+, as I can. Kindly advise.

mshepher

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Hello, I am currently going thru the same situation. I gave birth to my 21 weeker on June 30th, 2019. He lived for 3 hours. I have read tons of success stories of the cerclage as well as progesterone shots, both of which I will have next pregnancy. I have also read some stories of people having a pessary ring out which seems to work as well. Positive vibes your way!!

JCrawford

• View Profile
We lost our little girl at 22 weeks due to incompetent cervix. The next pregnancy I had the cerclage, progesterone pessaries and aspirin and we made it through to 38 weeks when the doctor decided to cut the cerclage and get things moving. Wishing you all the best in your next pregnancy. You got this.