Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bedrest!  (Read 378 times)

clm726

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Bedrest!
« on: July 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM »
Who is out there?

I am 25+4 and have been watching my cervix dwindle down to 6mm since about 20 weeks.  They found my shortened cervix at my anatomy scan, and did not want to put a cerclage in since I was having contractions.  Around 24 weeks, my cervix got significantly shorter (9mm), and they did the steroid shorts and magnesium drip, so now we are as ready as we can be for baby to come early. 
At this point, I am on bedrest at home.  No huge restrictions, and I take progesterone nightly.  It is boring, and I feel alone all the time.  I was so excited to find this board and just see what everyone else is up to.  Any good shows or tips for me?  I've been journaling a little, shopping a little....  (I need to stop shopping since I can't work.....)  I sit around my house all day thinking of all the things that need to be done, and then when my poor husband comes home--exhausted from working all day--I give him a list of all the things I want "us" to accomplish on the weekend.  :-\  This is so hard.  But, it will all be worth is when my baby girl stays in until October!!!  (I can dream!)

What is everyone else's story?!  Have a great day!!!  :)

Jdubbs

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Re: Bedrest!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019 at 10:46 AM »
I’m currently 20+4 with twins.

My cervix length (2.9cm) was flagged at about 14 weeks after I was in hospital due to hemorrhaging. At 17 weeks, it was holding strong at 2.9cm.

At the anatomy scan just a few weeks later, my cervix began to funnel slightly, 1.7 cm at its smallest point. It’s been only a week so far, on modified bedrest, doing the best I can to not stress.

I’m currently waiting for a call from a specialized hospital for a more in-depth scan, for both my cervix and some concerns about the twins kidneys and twin a’s heart.

It’s been a very emotional week and I’m praying we make it to 30 weeks at the very least.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019 at 10:10 AM »
Hi, ladies! Thanks for connecting with each other. I'd like to personally invite both of you to our Live Chat today at 2 pm Eastern. I hope you'll check it out now and make a screen name if you'd like. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Sending positive thoughts to you both!

Dimitrula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019 at 04:24 AM »
Hello girls,
I am in the same situation at 17 weeks they found my cervix 1,7mm and after few days they put me a cerclage. Today 20+4 weeks I have my anatomy scan and I will see what's going on.
I will tell you my news

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019 at 11:31 AM »
Hi, Dimitrula.

I've been thinking about you. How did it go with your scan?

pregnantmamma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019 at 09:22 AM »
Hello! I just hit 26 weeks today, cervix is measuring at .8 so basically nothing. I am on hospital bed rest until further notice, I will be reevaluated at the end of the week and we'll see how it goes! Good luck to you!

Kellyai55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019 at 06:26 PM »
Hi Ladies 🙋🏻,

I’m in a similar situation. 26+ 6 and have also been watching my cervix dwindle the past 4 weeks. They picked it up during a growth scan at 22 weeks for low Papp-a! I haven’t had any symptoms!

At first 2.1 now 1.7. I was admitted to the hospital for a few days and had steroid injections and a confronting talk by the neonatal team!! I’m now home on strict bed rest with a scan next week. Hoping the shortening has slowed down.

It great reading others success stories and understanding that other women are in similar situations.

I am struggling at thought of my once fit body (training 7 days a week) dwindling away but obviously know this is for the best and have to stay put.

I’m also a paediatric nurse for children with special needs and am terrified at the prospect of a premie and the associated complications.

Thanks to all for sharing their stories