Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New and trying not to stress  (Read 333 times)

Valmypal

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
New and trying not to stress
« on: August 19, 2019 at 08:10 PM »
Hi! I’m Valerie. I was just put on bedrest 4 days ago for a positive fetal firbonectin test and possibility of preterm labor. I’ve been high risk since I started the pregnancy overweight, have a family history of diabetes (but no GD here!), am over 35 (just turned 38!) and have had two leeps in the past. I’ve been told it’s for two weeks at which time I have my next appointment but the doctors note I got for my work says until further notice. I’m currently 30w4d. I don’t know if a negative result will get me off bedrest, or if it’s even possible to get a negative after a positive, or if I’ll be on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy.

To be honest, it was a relief because work was getting difficult. I work in a memory care facility and am on my feet for 8 hours a day. The biggest problem (besides losing my income - it’ll be tough but my husband should be able to cover everything til I’m back from maternity leave) is I am 9 weeks away from completing my LPN nursing program. It was gonna be close but I was expecting to be able to work/attend school all the way up to the end and now this has thrown a wrench in the plan.

It’s not like I can’t finish with the next class after I have her, but if I have to do that, I will just be so bummed. I was hoping to come back from maternity leave in January and start work as an LPN then. If it gets pushed back, I’ll not only be finishing with people I don’t know, I’ll have to redo the last two months of coursework because we are in the middle of a section now, and it’ll delay the raise to LPN that we will desperately need by about 6 months.

So all this is compiling and only 4 days into bedrest I am bored, stressed and getting depressed. Just had to vent with someone who might understand. I don’t know anyone else who was on bedrest to talk to. Thanks for adding me to the forum and being here to listen.

Valerie

Grace7

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Re: New and trying not to stress
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019 at 10:30 AM »
Hi Valerie. I just joined this site after being on bed rest for 7 weeks now! Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks and I have a short cervix (last measured at 2 millimeters and doc is no longer checking). In addition to being pregnant, I have a 1 1/2 year old, 11 year old, 13 year old, and 14 year old. We purchased a fixer upper less then a year ago and I had recently been promoted at my job doing what I believe is very important work for the citizens of my state.
I understand feeling bummed out about everything! I felt like this was the worst timing for me to be ordered to bed. I feel guilty for being upset that I have to stay in bed and I’m missing out on life because people keep saying “your job now is to keep that baby inside you, that’s the most important” and yes I agree but it doesn’t take away the worry, stress, and feelings of missing out.

Just wanted to let you know I’m in the same boat and reflecting back, the first week or so was the hardest for me. I cried so much that first week. I had to decide to not allow myself to worry about the things that are beyond my control and to use this time to not just rest but work on myself and gain some lessons throughout this ordeal.

I wish you the best!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: New and trying not to stress
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019 at 11:08 AM »
Hi, Val. Hi, Grace.

How are you both doing? Still cookin'? I'd love to hear an update and I'm sure many other moms visiting the site would, too. Your post has been read by 195 people! Staying connected is what will get you through!  :)