Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Day 10 of hospital bed rest with prom......  (Read 3949 times)

Mom2b2010

Day 10 of hospital bed rest with prom......
« on: July 16, 2010 at 05:51 PM »
 :'( Hello, My name is Candice, this is my first pregnancy and my bag of water broke at 23 wkd 6 days. iam now on bed rest In hospital and hating it. iam now 25weeks and going.... Baby looks good and she is growing. just trying to make the most of being here. I really miss my husband and dog at home. just wanted to meet others that are in my situation.

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
Re: Day 10 of hospital bed rest with prom......
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010 at 09:39 AM »
Hi & welcome!  I'm glad to hear that you've been successful at keeping baby cooking longer & that baby is looking good!!!
I don't have any experience with PROM, but my 1st child was born at 26 wks 5 days. 
I had some PTL symptoms almost 2 weeks ago when I hit 24 wks & spent the night in the hospital.  One night was enough, can't imagine being in there for over a week!  Can't be fun, sorry you have to stay, but hang in there!  Every day baby stays inside is huge!!!
Best wishes!

Boredinbed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010 at 01:07 PM »
I'm new here too. On day 4 of bedrest with PROM. My water broke at 19 weeks, so I'm going to be here for a very, very long time.

Mom2b2010

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010 at 06:13 PM »
Nice to meet you!!! I understand how you feel being on bedrest tottally blows! Just hang in there and you will have a healthy baby! Do you know what you are having yet?? :D

Mom2b2010

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010 at 05:32 PM »
Thank you and I am having a girl and her name is Sydney Marie!

betterbedrest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010 at 11:25 PM »
It tough being in the hospital on bedrest. The experience is much different then being on bedrest at home. Ask for double sheets, it might make the bed more comfortable for you. It's also ok to ask the nurse manager if there is a way to meet any other women on bedrest on the floor. Maybe they can wheel someone to your room if you both agree or even wheel the beds into an empty room. If none else, if two of you agree to have them share your hospital phone numbers you can at least talk to someone in the same situation. Hang in there!

MelanieFarkas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010 at 02:57 PM »
I'm on week 3 of hospital bed rest with a moderate abruption.  It took quite a while to get used to LIVING at the hospital.  I miss so much - my husband, my cat, my bed, work - it's really easy to get really sad in this place.  But you'll get better at coping with it and finding things to do.  It won't be easy, especially the worrying, but you'll get through it!