Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! Who's Still Cookin'?  (Read 4553 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! Who's Still Cookin'?
« on: July 26, 2010 at 08:02 AM »
What is everyone looking forward to this week?

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! Who's Still Cookin'?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010 at 08:47 AM »
I'm here!!  I made it over a big hump this weekend!!!!  I'm 27 weeks today...my daughter was born at 26 weeks 5 days.  She was 2 lbs 3 oz and 14.5 inches long.  So I'm officially the most pregnant that I've ever been!!!!  It's a great feeling to be past that point, but I still want to make it so much further in this pregnancy :)  I kinda thought Saturday would be an emotional day (tears, etc) but it wasn't as much - yes, I thought about it a lot, reminisced by looking through old pictures, and I did have a few periods of nervousness.  But I made it through!
No appointments this week.  I have my last hypno birthing class Wednesday night - so that will be one thing that I've accomplished this pregnancy that I never even started with my last :)  I have my next appointment next week Wednesday & will be 28 weeks.  It'll be a long appointment.  I have my usual u/s to check my cervical length (was hanging steady at 3.5+ cm last week!) and will also have a growth scan to check baby's kidneys (they were a bit large at my 18 wk scan).  I'll see my MW as usual, and I get to repeat my gest. diabetes test - my MW didn't realize her partner had me do it when I spent the night at 24 weeks.  My numbers were fine, but my MW said the accuracy at 24 wks compared to 28 wks isn't as good, so I get to do it again :D  I also have to meet with the perinatologist for routine VBAC counseling.  Phew!
Have a good week everyone!

punkermommy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010 at 10:14 AM »
i guess you could say i am looking forward to the week ending.  aug third i have my first ultrasound and i hope the doc will take me off bedrest then too. this thurs though is my grandma's bday. i am looking forward to that though its going to also be a very hard day on emotions. that thursday is also the day grandpa goes to the doc to see if they can do some radiation on the cancer that moved into his back. if not he may only have a few months left with us. so keep him in your thoughts plz

sanseref

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM »
Still cookin! I've been off bedrest for a week, but my doctor still wants me at home taking it easy. And it's been difficult to do even the most simple of tasks. I find myself crawling back to lay down and rest. I'm still dilated and having about 4 contractions an hour, but they are stronger than before without the meds that I was on. And if I walk around a bit, my feet feel like I've walked around and amusement park all day! After baby is born I will need to start taking short walks to get my muscles operating again.

sammyjobail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM »
29 weeks and holding... barely! My cervix measuerd at .3cm last Friday so not sure what comes next. I will be 30 weeks Thursday and I believe my doctor is hoping for 32 weeks. So I am trying to be on my best behavior yet. Knitting and visitors are really helping the time pass. I love having my calendar and marking off each day feels like a great accomplishment. I really enjoy visiting this site for support. Only you ladies can understand what this feels like! So I will keep my eye on the prize and hope this baby girl comes out when she is ready and as healthy as can be. Trying to visualize that in my future and it seems to be helping. So keep cookin' ladies... you are not alone!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010 at 01:18 PM »
33 weeks and 3 days today!  It's a strange place to be when you weren't sure you'd make it this far.  We are starting to plan for the baby- which may sound strange to most expectant mommies.  But to us we were scared to plan for fear that we'd come home at one point with no baby and an empty nursery.  My husband looked at me the other day and said "You know, we should probably get a hospital bag together." Planning for a trip to the hospital... wierd.
I had another set of contractions this week and (per OB's orders) called Labor & Delivery.  They decided that unless I pass more than 6 contractions in an hour I don't need to come in.  I contracted most of the day but didn't pass 6 in an hour and by the next day (after laying down and drinking water all day) they were gone.  Hang in there baby!  I little more than 2 weeks to go until we reach our goal!
Does anyone else feel like after 24 weeks (age of viability) they are overdue, even though they arent' full term?  I feel like every day since I hit 24 weeks has been a bonus! 
Hang in there ladies!  Sending love to all of you!

Margaret

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010 at 02:08 PM »
Does anyone else feel like after 24 weeks (age of viability) they are overdue, even though they arent' full term?  I feel like every day since I hit 24 weeks has been a bonus! 
Hang in there ladies!  Sending love to all of you!

Margaret

Not necessarily that I feel overdue, but when I was talking about how excited I was to reach my daughter's arrival date of 26 wks 5 days, my best friend said something to the effect that it's so crazy that I'm excited to make it to that point because it's still SO early!  This is true, but I guess it makes sense to those of us going through it :)  Yes, I'm so happy to be at 27 weeks today, but I also know a baby born this early could still experience any number of complications.  My goal is to get as close as I can to full term, but I'm thankful for every day past 24 weeks too!!

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010 at 09:09 AM »
Ladies, thanks for sharing all of your posts.  I can relate to parts of each one and it's so nice to see that others are feeling the way that I am.

Margaret and I have the same due date, so I'm 33 weeks 4 days.  With my first (completely uneventful) pregnancy, I did the usual baby prep and when he arrived at 36 weeks, I was shocked that he was so "early".  With all the preterm labour stuff that I have going on this time around, I feel shocked that our little guy hasn't arrived yet!  I somehow feel like 36 weeks is my due date this time, although of course I could go beyond that.

Like Margaret, we have finally started to do a few things to prepare for the baby.  I actually made my hospital bag list yesterday and was thinking of packing a couple of things today.  We got out our son's infant clothes out of storage and washed them for the baby.  The next big thing is picking up the crib that our friends are loaning us.  Probably should do that soon!

I am really looking forward to my OB appointment next week.  My OB has been on vacation for 3 weeks, so I've been seeing his replacement.  She was great, but it will be nice to see my regular doctor again and discuss my bed rest restrictions with him.  I've been doing more around the house and I'm feeling pretty good for the most part, although I still have some cramping.  The other thing that I'm looking forward to is Friday's milestone of 34 weeks.  As my OB said weeks ago, after 32 weeks we get greedy and hope for 34, and now I'm almost there!

Jen

miasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010 at 04:01 PM »
I am 28 wks andv 4 days.  Doing great per doctor. (Had my wkly appointment yesterday)  I have had no change with my cervix since going on bed rest.  Not sure about length he has not done any other ultrasounds.  Next on is set for 32 wks.  I am excited to be making it this far.  I am do so small things which is nice since my husband has done a lot of traveling over the last 2 months, never be home then 7 days at a time including weekends. When he returns home this wk he will be for 10 days before leaving for his last trip until after the baby comes.  We can finally get some stuff done around here.  The kids room needs to be done along with getting the baby's room finished.  We have have so much too do.  Hope everyone keeps doing good. 

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010 at 05:33 AM »
Hi.  I'm still here on bedrest at 29 weeks.  Just having some sleeplessness at 2 am.  This has been happening about once per week.  My doctor suggested unisom.  Just waiting for it to kick in.  Had a really good visit with the perinatologist last week.  Cervical length was up to 3.17 which she said is back in the normal range.  She said I could get out of the house once per week as long as I don't walk or stand much.  So I got a haircut.  It felt good.  Good luck to you all out there.