Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 19 weeks angry/worried/frustrated  (Read 1439 times)

TaylorKohl

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
19 weeks angry/worried/frustrated
« on: October 02, 2019 at 10:18 PM »
Brand new here!
Was put on bed rest on 9/30 at 19 weeks 2 days because the top of my cervix is opening (funneling) and my membranes is dipping into it.
My cervix is still 5cm long so IDK if they call this incompetent or not.

The doctor was vague, and gave me bed rest and progesterone suppositories.

I’m scared because she said the goal is 24 weeks so I’m worried every minute that I won’t make it, even though she said she’s had mothers go all the way with this to 40 weeks.

I’m angry because I can’t be happy about my pregnancy really while I’m so scared and worried.

And I’m frustrated because lots of what I’ve read says bed rest isn’t even effective and can even cause more problems.

MHochet

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Re: 19 weeks angry/worried/frustrated
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019 at 09:58 PM »
Im sorry youre feeling so out of control. It is frustrating not knowing what to do or what is the right thing to do. Can you get a second opinion or would you feel better trying a different doctor? Sometimes the physician makes all the difference. Even if they recomend the same things, how options are presented to you can make all the difference. I wish I would have switched OB doctors sooner than after my second miscarriage. I think my situation may have turned out differently had I had better communication, and more empathy.

I am at 22 weeks and on bed rest after a cerclage. Mine was 1.3cm, where my first child was 5cm at 24 weeks (looking at records). Needless to say, we were shocked. I was very active for my first pregnancy (kickboxing and martial arts) and this pregnancy has been so different. So much waiting and watching and being super careful. Its been a hard transition.

I hope you are doing better.