Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Short Cervix at 24 Weeks  (Read 605 times)

alissarhunter

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Short Cervix at 24 Weeks
« on: February 27, 2020 at 10:36 PM »
Hello ladies!
I am new to this support group. I am looking forward to reading everyone's stories and also join in the community.
Here is my experience so far with having a short cervix!
I was so overjoyed when I found I was pregnant because my husband and I decided we want to have a baby this year. Everything in the beginning was so smooth, aside from the standard pregnancy symptoms women experience. We did have to do our anatomy scan a couple times because the baby was in a hunchback position so it was hard to get a clear view of his heart. My doctor scheduled us an appointment at fetal diagnostics to see if they could get a clearer view. I was still not worried about anything because everything seemed good with the baby and I was in that honeymoon 2nd trimester phase.

On Jan 29, I went to my ultrasound and at that ultrasound, my pregnancy took unexpected turn. The doctor came in and started asking if I was having any contractions or any signs of labor. I was so confused because this is my first pregnancy, I have no clue how that feels, especially being 24 weeks pregnant (it was the last thing on my mind). They ended up sending me to L&D where I was monitored for 3 days; that is when I found out I have a short cervix and would need to be on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I was so overwhelmed with emotions- I would be crying my eyes out one minute and then completely accepting of my situation the next. I was so thankful that my son was okay but I was also mourning the fact that my day to day activities were shed from me for the next few months- it was just a lot to take in. However, it has been almost a month now and I have been handling bed rest much better than I thought I would.

I do have my hard days and I am scared everyday because I just want to make it full term, but my little baby boy really keeps me going and helps me remain positive. Keeping myself productive from my bed or sofa has been difficult, but I manage. I do have a great support system, which has also helped. I am officially 29 weeks as of today and I am so so so grateful to have made it past 28 weeks! This has been the most unpredictable journey of my life to date, but also the most amazing,eyeopening journey even with the tough days.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020 at 10:38 PM by alissarhunter »