Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: My story.. incompetent cervix. Maybe? Cerclage at 10weeks  (Read 690 times)

Deeda

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
My story.. incompetent cervix. Maybe? Cerclage at 10weeks
« on: April 11, 2020 at 02:59 AM »
I have been pregnant 6 times and lost them all, 4 of those times have been within the 12-14weeks mark. All those times the baby is alive but my cervix has given way and the baby is already in the vaginal canal, hence nothing can be done.
The doctors are not sure if it's IC because that should happen later and not that early. Also just days before I lose the pregnancy my cervix measures well above 3.5. It just happens suddenly.
I am pregnant now and thankfully for the first time I got a TVcerclage fixed at 10 weeks because of my history. I am 13weeks now and freaked out about losing this pregnancy
I wasn't placed on bed rest but I put myself there. My one week post surgery cervical length was 2.9cm. I guess that indicates a short cervix.
I will be getting another scan on Monday 13th. I hope the cervix length then will give answers.
Also I have been itching down there and I am scared to death of infections. The itch comes and goes, no burning sensation when I wee.
Has anyone got a cerclage that early? Is there anything else I should be doing?
Your experience is needed. Please help

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: My story.. incompetent cervix. Maybe? Cerclage at 10weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020 at 08:10 AM »
Hi, Deeda.

First, I am so very sorry for the losses you have faced. It is a heavy weight that you are caring and my heart goes out to you.

How did your scan go on Monday? I didn't have a cerclage, but many of of members here have so I'll share what I've learned from them. Oftentimes the cervix does eventually funnel all the way down to the stitch as it get shorter. It is all so scary and stressful, but that is why the stitch is there, knowing that the cervix was going to shorten. I have seen many women have successful pregnancies thanks to a cerclage.

Has your doctor talked to you about progesterone supplementation to help to keep the cervix stable? That's a possibility to ask about. The March of Dimes has a very helpful article about progesterone here: https://www.marchofdimes.org/complications/progesterone-treatment-to-help-prevent-premature-birth.aspx. Also be sure to mention the itching to your doctor, just in case it turns out to be a sign of infection.

You'll be in my thoughts!

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
Re: My story.. incompetent cervix. Maybe? Cerclage at 10weeks
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020 at 08:52 AM »
Hi Deeda

I’m so very for your losses.

I had an emergency cerclage placed when I was 20weeks pregnant. I also had a pregnancy loss at the same time a year before -our first born Ella Grace she was born at 20weeks.

My cervix literally opened up on my 20wk scan and it was measuring 3.5cm the week before.

Once that happened my OBGYN was able to put an emergency stitch in. I was placed on hospital bedrest where I was only allowed to move from my bed to my bathroom for showers or bathroom breaks. I was monitored and had weekly scans to check on my baby.

I was allowed to go out on a wheelchair for an hour only for sunshine and fresh air.

I understand the fear, constant worry about every niggle, risk of infection etc. it is good that you placed yourself on bedrest. Don’t be afraid to ask your OBGYN questions regarding concerns about infections etc it better to seek help sooner rather than later. And with your history I’m sure they are looking at you closely.

At 30 weeks I was discharged to continue modified bedrest at home.

I had a recliner which I was allowed to sit on in a recliner 45 degree position for most of the day and then transferred to bed by wheelchair

We made it to 36.5 weeks. Our daughter is now one years old. She is a very determined and fiesta little girl. When I look at her all the worry, the time I’m hospital on bedrest is worth it.

I practiced a lot of meditation, did things I loved like tapping on my creative side by knitting items like a jumpsuit and beanie which she wore.

It also helped that so had a lot of support from family and friends. I also continued seeing my counsellor to help me deal with my anxiety. Pregnancy after loss is hard and you are doing so well Mama.

This is a great group who helped me during my time in hospital bedrest.