Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Another 15 weeks later  (Read 405 times)

Peppermints Mom

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Another 15 weeks later
« on: April 18, 2020 at 11:49 AM »
Hi Ladies,

So I haven't posted in some time, my original post was posted at 23 weeks after having been on strict bedrest at that time already for 9 continuous weeks.

Against all of the odds and all human expectation, not only did we make it to viability, but I am now 38 weeks pregnant, with a C-section scheduled for Monday. I have been on very strict continuous bedrest and hormone therapy now for almost 25 weeks - my body is sore and weak but I accept that with gratitude as it means we have made it this far!

I am very nervous about Monday as I realise I have a high risk of complications and with COVID lockdown in my country, like many other moms around the world, I will be in hospital alone, but I am immensely thankful for God's grace on this journey and I am excited to meet our son.

I have such appreciation for my amazing husband - I don't know how he managed it all with so little support,  and my two little girls who, despite their young ages, have been such troopers.

Often we are stronger than we know.  Good luck to all of you ladies on your respective journeys, with all the ups and downs and hopes and fears. My thoughts are with you all!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Another 15 weeks later
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020 at 10:03 AM »
Your story is giving me chills! I am soooooo happy you have made it to the finish line! You may even be delivering your baby as I write this. Your story is sure to inspire others! I wish you a safe delivery today and good health among all the uncertainty right now. OB nurses and doctors are among the kindest people in the world and they will take wonderful care of you and your baby. Love to all!