Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call: You've made it to August!  (Read 5166 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call: You've made it to August!
« on: August 02, 2010 at 07:24 AM »
Hello, my lovelies! Did we have any deliveries last week? And tell us who is still cookin' their big beautiful babies! How many weeks are you? Any appointments this week to look forward to?

sjkirk

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call: You've made it to August!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010 at 08:05 AM »
I just joined yesterday and loving this site!  Helps me know we are not alone....what would we have done before internet!  Today I am 29 weeks and on Wed, it will mark my 3rd week of hosp. bed rest.  I'm still cookin' and trying to stay strong!

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010 at 08:43 AM »
I'm 28 weeks today!!!!  I've made it a full week past my daughter's arrival date now :)
Moving from week 7 to 8 of bedrest this week.
I have my appt on Wednesday.  I think I mentioned last week that it will be a long one.  Glucose test, cervical check w/ u/s, growth scan u/s to recheck baby's kidneys, consultation with perinatologist for routine VBAC counseling, and my usual midwife appt!!  Phew! 
I'm hoping all goes well!!
I finished my hypnobirthing class last week - so that is one thing that I accomplished this pg that I didn't get to last pg!!  I plan to sign my daughter up for a Big sister class today as well as breastfeeding for me (never was able to get established w/ my daughter so I pumped for a year & I really don't want to do that again!!!)
We moved my daughter to her new bedroom about a month ago, but are slowly working on getting it all settled/decorated.  My mom has been mostly helping with this - repainting dressers, etc for me!  Gotta love moms!!!  I'm anxious to get her room done so I can start moving baby items into the nursery.  The room is still pretty much all set up with the big stuff (crib, rocker, changing table), just need to get the rest of my daughter's stuff out.  At least my husband moved the crib mattress height up this weekend!
Have a good week everyone!

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010 at 10:49 AM »
I just joined a few days ago. I'll be 21 wks on Wed and have been on bedrest for three weeks so far, although fortunately I've been able to stay at home :) My weekly dr's appt is this Friday. My oldest is getting baptized on Saturday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there have been few enough changes that I am able to stay out of the hospital until at least Saturday afternoon :)
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010 at 11:43 AM »
Still cookin at 30 weeks.  Paid a visit to labor and delivery last night because my contractions were coming every six minutes and procardia was not helping.  Was in and out in under two hours which was record time.  They said it was a very quiet night and that Sundays and Wednesdays were usually quiet.  Who knew.  I think I held my breath for a half hour waiting for the ffn results - negative!  Ultrasound was in normal range at 3 cm.  So back home and still on strict bedrest.  Going to start work again to give more structure to my days.  Hopefully it won't stress me out and will help pass the time.  Good luck to all the other bedrest moms. 

MelanieFarkas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010 at 02:53 PM »
I just registered and this is my first post.  I'm 34 weeks along and on hospital bed rest thanks to a moderate abruption.  I'm so happy I made it to August because THIS is the month I'm having a baby!! Great website, can't wait to explore it more!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010 at 04:32 PM »
Today I am 34weeks and 4 days!  The past week we started setting up to bring baby home.  It's been a mix of emotions since we didn't plan on bringing him home.  We have planned for NICU but he is so close to 36 weeks now that we can actually dream of him coming home with us!  I put together a hospital bag for him.  Wierd.  And now that we are close, I find myself being happy about the pregnancy instead of hesistant.  I keep saying that I switched from being pregnant to expecting a baby.  Does that make sense?  Even though I know that we most likely won't go past 37 weeks (last 2 babies delivered at 37 weeks) I kinda want to be pregnant now.  I have been able to leave the house on short trips and it's nice to have people ask when I'm due and touch my belly.  These are the things you miss when you are at home for 5+ months on bed rest.  It's also funny to see the look on people's faces when you resurface... PREGNANT!  OB appointment this wed.  He'll check again to see if baby has dropped.  Not sure if he has as I've carried so low but this past week my back and hip pain have been amplified!  Hang in there baby!  1.5 weeks to go!

Congrats to all you other moms keeping those beautiful babies in!  It's a long road to travel but it'll be great in the end!

Margaret

sammyjobail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010 at 04:35 PM »
Starting my 3rd official day of hospital bed rest after 61 days at home! Water broke Saturday morning and I had my cerclage removed. They watched to see if I would go into labor, but I'm still hanging in there. Had me on Magnesium Sulfate for 24 hours and it was horrible, but off it now and feeling good. Just anxious to see what will happen. Was 30 weeks on Thursday so they are just tryong to get me as far as possible. Had a bit of a mental break down Friday night so I don't know if this change of scenery is a direct response to that, bur I do feel safer having the baby monitored here. So very bored aand can get really depressed, but I know it will all be worth it in the end! One great thing about being in the hospital, was having one of my close friends deliver her baby boy right next door. Although they wouldn't let me leave the room to see them, my husband did take some cute pics for me and I did get to hear his frist cry. Just trying to look on the bright side... that's what we all have to do. Wishing all of you mommies a great day and stay strong ;D

miasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010 at 06:49 PM »
I am 29 wks and 3 days today.  I had my weekly doctor appointment today.  My cervix is starting to thin out some more.  But no contractions, for the most part.  A few here and there.  It has been almost 8 wks since my doctor put me on bed rest.  Trying to make it to 36 wks.  Have a utrasound in 2 wks.  I can't wait to see this little bugger.  My husband took the wk off to work on the big kids room.  So once that is done we can the baby's room done.  Hope everyone has a good week.

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010 at 08:59 AM »
I'm 34 weeks 4 days.  Margaret, you put it perfectly when you said "I switched from being pregnant to expecting a baby".  That sums up how I am feeling.  I've been able to increase my activity and it feels wonderful to be able to get out a bit.  I actually drove my car this morning for the first time in 3 months!  I know that most pregnant women are wishing for pregnancy to be over by this point, but I feel like I'm just starting to get my life back and I want to make the most of it.  My son was born 2 weeks from now, so I may not be pregnant for that much longer, but I intend to enjoy the time I have left in my pregnancy as much as possible.  I have an OB appointment this afternoon.

Have a great week and keep hanging in!

Jen

JValen999

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010 at 04:13 PM »
21 weeks today!!!!
I will not feel any kindof relief until 24..im literally counting down the days!
I lost my last baby at 21 weeks  :-[

my cervix was stil nice and long (4cm) a week and a half ago..my next appointment is the 9th! hoping everything is the same!
ive been on modified bedrest for 8 weeks

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010 at 03:13 PM »
Hi, everyone! Check in at today's Roll Call and let us know how you're doing! http://bit.ly/bUtZ1k