Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cerclage at 21 weeks/Short Cervix at 1 cm  (Read 281 times)

Candream

• Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Cerclage at 21 weeks/Short Cervix at 1 cm
« on: February 18, 2021 at 09:29 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am new to the group and have been reading the stories since last week. I’d like to thank everyone for sharing.

So my cervix at 19 weeks was 3.4 cm and on a follow up at 21 weeks it got reduced to 1.2 cm, they admitted me immediately and while we reached the OT for cerclage it was O.9 cm and spontaneously funnelling. The doctor told me that she was able to stitch and close it, and in my follow up appt last week at 22 weeks, it was measuring only 1 cm and closed. I was also put on antibiotics as they found bladder infection.

I have another follow up today and will find out more, fingers crossed.

Curious to know if there are any success stories about similar measurement or case and if anyone has successfully carried to full term?

My high risk team does not think I will be able to go past 26-28 week mark and I am very scared.

NY2AZcutie928

• Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
Re: Cerclage at 21 weeks/Short Cervix at 1 cm
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021 at 08:34 PM »
Hello,

Thanx for sharing story I am new as well.  I was 2-3 cm when I had emergency cerclage at 20 weeks.  Its definitely scary and I hope lil mama stays in place.  My follow up in next wed.