Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Happy 8-9-10 Day! It's the Monday Roll Call!  (Read 8019 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Happy 8-9-10 Day! It's the Monday Roll Call!
« on: August 09, 2010 at 10:44 AM »
Hello! A big welcome to our many new ladies who joined last week! And to our oldies but goodies, congrats for still being here! EVERY day counts! So give us an update: How many weeks are you? Why are you on bedrest? Any appointments this week?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!  :D

P.S. Be sure you check out The Idea of the Day, every week day, here: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx

babyhope

• View Profile
Re: Happy 8-9-10 Day! It's the Monday Roll Call!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010 at 12:12 PM »
Happy to report that I am still here at 31 weeks.  It was very exciting to read about the moms who have made it to 34 weeks.  Hopefully that will be me in a few short weeks.  Thanks for the inspiration and hope.  Trying not to count the days....

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010 at 03:15 PM »
Keep up the tough work of bedrest babyhope! You'll see that 34 weeks (and beyond) will be here soon! What do you have planned this week? Any friends coming to visit? Any movies to watch?

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010 at 03:26 PM »
I can't believe I am 35 weeks and 3 days!  It is only a matter of days until we reach our final goal of 36 weeks!  AMAZING!  More news is that at our weekly OB appointment last week they determined that the baby has dropped!  OMG!  It's almost time!  And at a safe time too!  It's a finishline we didn't think we'd ever cross.  It will be just a matter of days as both my other boys were born at 37 weeks.  So many new emotions about all of this.  I blogged a few this past week about things becoming "normal" again and how it's harder to adjust than you would think.  And some things are just long overdue!  Read "And Mommy is back" and "A place we never thought we'd be" http://thegoodthebadthefamily.blogspot.com/

In March it seemed like this would never happen.  After progesterone supplements, hemmoraging, Plecenta Previa, blood pooling in the lining of my uterus, and months of blood clots to be here is something we didn't picture! I am so grateful to this site and all the wonderful, amazing, beautiful, strong mommies on here!  Bed rest SUCKS!  But it works!  Who knows, maybe by next week's roll call I'll be posting a picture of our healthy little baby at home with our family!  Keep cookin' ladies!

Margaret

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010 at 04:08 PM »
Almost 22 wks :) I made it to my daughter's baptism, but even though all I did was sit, I ended up with lots of contractions that afternoon and the next day. They stopped eventually though :) My appt last week was with a new dr that works with my OB. He didn't even check me and said since each of my other babies made it to at least 36 wks that I didn't really have anything to worry about. Glad I don't have him as my regular dr! My OB will be out of town for another week, so the dr I saw last week told me to just wait and make an appt with my regular dr, so no dr's appt this week.
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010 at 11:16 PM »
29 weeks today!!!!
I posted elsewhere, but my 28 week appt wasn't as good as I hoped for.  My cervical length dropped from 3.5 to 2.5 cm which really freaked me out.  Manual check showed my cervix to be closed but soft & 50% effaced :(  My MW and the peri were both very optimistic, but it still didn't reassure me very much.  I had been up & about a bit more than previous weeks, which my MW said I could - she said short little shopping trips & sitting were OK - so I walked in & picked out new blinds with my hubby one night, went to a wedding - but sat most of the time.  I didn't even do as much as my MW said I could.  I was noticing some more contractions for 2-3 days before my appt but mostly when I'd get up but nothing near the point where you're suppose to call.
Anyway, I was feeling really down after my appt & have tried to stay laying as much as possible since then.  I called my MW & told her I was uneasy so she told me I could come in for another cervical length a week after that last one - which would be this Wed.
I'm feeling better mentally, so I've thought about canceling & just keeping my usual 2 wk check for next week, but it would really be nice to see where I'm at - is my cervicx continuing to shrink, holding steady or doing better with a bit more rest? 
On a lighter note, my 3 1/2 yr old daughter is so excited for her Big Sister class held at the hospital this Saturday - I had no idea she'd be so excited.  It's pretty cute!

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010 at 12:34 AM »
Spent 6 hours at L&D shortly after my post.  Contractions seemed to come from nowhere and were really strong and long.  Hospital was busy, my doctor was out of town and my perinatologist had the day off so I sat on the toco monitor for an hour before getting a shot of terb.  Knocked the contractions out so worth the wait but it was a frightening wait.  I kept thinking this was it.  Ultrasound was 2.67 cm long which amazed me.  I feared I would have no cervix left because the contractions were so hard.  I had a negative ffn a week ago so they sent me home. I just got to thinking about how small a millimeter is but what a difference it makes.  I have so much anxiety every time I get measured.  I literally lose sleep the night before my appointments. Seems ridiculous to worry so much about a few millimeters.  I'm hopeful that my cervix will hold up for the next few weeks.  My nurse was funny.  She told me she delivered a baby at 11:12 today so the birthdate was 8/9/10 at 11:12.  That made me happy and helped break the tension.  I see my perinatologist on Wed and my obgyn on Friday.  I don't know how they expect me to stay on bedrest with all these appointments but it is nice to get out a bit.  Hang in there ladies!  It's a wild ride.

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010 at 09:05 AM »
I'm still cooking too at 35 weeks 4 days!  It's absolutely amazing to have made it this far after dilating and thinning starting at 21 weeks.  I woke up yesterday morning at 2am feeling restless and then had contractions for a few hours (at one point they were 45 seconds long, every 4 minutes).  I thought that was going to be it, but things died down.  I've been having loose stools and cramping since then, so I may be in early labour, but we'll have to wait and see.  I had my first son a week from now after a week of cramping and loose stools.

I'm going to read Margaret's blog posts about getting back to normal (I'm now on "limited activity" instead of bed rest).  It is harder than I thought it would be to adjust, although I do feel that I've gained a lot of strength in the past week or so.  I'm looking forward to Friday (36 weeks) when all my restrictions are lifted.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Jen

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010 at 10:56 AM »
I have so much anxiety every time I get measured.  I literally lose sleep the night before my appointments. Seems ridiculous to worry so much about a few millimeters.  I'm hopeful that my cervix will hold up for the next few weeks. 

I agree - I get nervous to have the exam, but am hopeful that it will be good news - which makes my day (& the next few weeks), but if it's not good news, it just knocks me down and I feel awful.  After my appointment last week my SIL asked how it went & I told her I was down because my cervix lost a cm - she was like, you're worried over a cm??  I said, yes, when you only have 2.5 cm left - yes, I'm worried!!

I'm glad everything turned out Ok for you yesterday!!

LornaEileen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010 at 01:39 PM »
I missed it by a day but I am happy to report that my little girls are still cooking at 29 weeks and 1 day today. My cervix is soft and at 2.1 but I am optimistic thatstaying off my feet will keep these girls in longer. I never thought that having to do nothing would drive me so crazy. Not having to clean, cook, drop kids off...what's wrong with me =) It's hard with 15 month old twins that don't understanding why mommy can't pick them up or carry them. My older son is amazing, he is 9 1/2 and is my little helper when dad is at work. He just told me that I should take a nap and to give him a yell if I need anything. He is a great kid and I'm lucky to have him.
Love and prayers to all the mommies on here...WE CAN DO IT!

miasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
I have made it to 30 wks and 3 days today.  So excited about that.  Friday night I started having a lot of dull lower backpain.  Nothing could make it go away.  I would change postions and took a bath but it still hurt.  Went to bed early and slept fine.  Saturday was the same thing.  At 2pm on Saturday I started having contractions.  After two hours and a call to the dr they stopped with help of meds.  Saw the doctor yesterday he said that there was no change in my cervix but the baby has dropped/sitting really low.  So not sure what that means.  Today is my birthday and we are going out for dinner to celebrate.  Next Monday we get an ultrasound.  I am trying to make it to 36 wks.  I really want to be prego at my baby shower and my daughters birthday:)  Hanging in there.  Have a wonderful week ladies and keep cooking:)

JValen999

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010 at 02:33 PM »
@ hopingforfullterm & babyhope--I FEEL THE SAME WAY
everytime i go in for my cervical length im so nervous that something is going to change!!!

luckily! nothing changed! i went monday (9th) ..my cervix measured at 4.38cm and 4.16cm! im 22 weeks this week...
IM CONFIDENT IM GOING TO MAKE IT TO 24 WEEKS NOW AND IM SOO HAPPY!
my doc said she doesnt think ill deliver until atleast 37 weeks!
but with what happened last time (losing my baby girl at 21 weeks) i am still really nervous!

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010 at 02:39 PM »
JValen - congrats on making it further in this pregnancy!  24 weeks is just around the corner!!!  (I'm sure it doesn't feel that way - I know it didn't for me...but it really is!!)  Yay!!

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010 at 02:54 PM »
Hey everyone - just wanted to make you aware of the thread that Luvmytieren started to share belly pictures...check it out in this same forum & share with us....
Look for this thread:
"Let's share belly pics while stuck at home!" or click the link below :)
http://forum.keepemcookin.com/index.php?topic=485.0

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010 at 03:37 PM »
JValen - your cervix is a mile long!  That's awesome. 

I went to my peri on Wednesday and mine was 1.9 down from 2.9 in a matter of 3 days.  Then I went to L&D for terb.  Now I'm back at L&d where I just got news of another negative ffn!  But she gave me terb again and I'm typing on this tiny iPhone keyboard.

I get to go home and I get to stay pregnant for two more weeks!  And I get my last cervical length next week. Maybe it's the terb but I'm so excited!  I've been on bedrest since 20 weeks so hang in there and hope for the best.