Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Prolapse and bedrest at home  (Read 4888 times)

punkermommy

• View Profile
Prolapse and bedrest at home
« on: July 20, 2010 at 03:11 PM »
hi. i am new here. i am AlluraRaven on twitter if you wish to follow me or message me.
i am around 14 weeks pregnant and have been put on bedrest for the last two weeks. i have a little girl who is almost 3 years old. she was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth. i have been told that i have a prolapsed uterus and to keep off my feet. basicly anytime i stand up it feels like my insides are going to fall out. it has been very hard to be a stay at home mom of a very active child and not be able to stand up. to help my mother in law put a twin mattress onto the floor in the livingroom where i have easy access to the kitchen and bathroom. we also moved alot of my daughters toys in here so she has plenty to play with and books for me to read to her. i still feel like i am slacking as a mother and a wife. i mean i cant even be up long enough to wash the dishes. >:(  the doctor has said that in a few weeks the prolapse will correct itself and i might be able to get off bedrest.

anyway thats basicly my story. as a side note i will that my family is not happy that i am having another child. mind you my mom ((really my grandmother..but she is the only mom i have ever known so i call her mom)) was very unhappy when i told her i was having my first child. when i was little ((around 13 or so)) she would tell me i never needed to have children because i would be the type of mother that would leave the child in the car to die of heat. now she denies saying these things but i still remember very clearly. anyway my unhappy family has only added to my problems. i have been depressed and in a slump for a good while now. it helps that my soon-to-be hubby ((the wedding is set for march 2011)) and his family are OVERJOYED at the new family member but its still hurtinig me that my family cant seem to muster up so much as a 'congrats'.

thanks for listening to my vent.

-allura

Mom2b2010

Re: Prolapse and bedrest at home
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010 at 05:28 PM »
Hello how are you? My name is Candice I am 26 weeks pregnant and on full hospital bedrest until I deliver my daughter. My waterruptured at 23 weeks and now she can be born anytime now, but I have made it 2 weeks with my water being broken cause she makes more. I read your post and wish you a very healthy baby!! And iam sorry your family is being total buttholes about your pregnancy at such a difficult time. You know when that baby is born they will change thier tune and that is when you tell em toshove it. If they can't be happy for you now, why later. I am happy for you and congrats!!  Take care girl!!  ;D

miasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010 at 09:30 AM »
I am 27 wks and 5 days with my 3 child.  I am on bed rest not as strict as most people on here but still on bed rest until I have this little one.  I have a 6 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old.  My in laws have been helping as much as possible when they are able. I am sorry to here that you mother does not support you having another child.  It is hard enough on bed rest with not not having the support you and our family needs.  My husbands family is a wonderful support along with a few friends.  My family is a different story.  My dad got remairred with out telling me or my sister (funny thing is my mom did the same thing and didn't tell anyone either).  My mom, dad or older sister not have once called to see how I am doing.  And I have been here since June 11th.  So I know some of your pain.  When I was on bed rest my first time with my son my daughter who was 4 at the time did lots of coloring and watching movies.  We would have pinics in the living room.  Stuipid things but it kept her busy.  My son is a different story he is all boy and goes from 7 to 7 with only a short nap.  My husband works 40 plus hours and travels a great deal.  Plus, grad school one night a wk and homework and housework.  If you ever need to vent feel free because it will make you feel better.  I don't twitter but use FB and you find me there if you want to talk.  Danielle Ross Goewert

punkermommy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM »
thank you for all the support. being able to read your responces has brought up my mood a bit. the doctor said that i was able to get out and about a bit as long as i stayed in a wheelchair. not so much fun but yesterday me, my future hubby, our daughter and future mother in law all went for a bit of shopping. my mother-in-law was in the mood to buy some cute pregnancy stuff which is very nice of her. putting on the new clothes and seeing just how big my belly is put a big smile on my face. we also got a couple cute outfits for our daughter which she picked out herself. even a couple mommy daughter matching ones. i dont want her to feel less loved or less important during this time so we are doing our best to keep her envolved in everything. my family still seems to have the attitude that if they ignore my pregnancy it will just go away. i never met such a group of people who couldnt muster up some happiness over a baby. i thought babies made everybody smile.
i hope everybody is doing ok on their restrictions. i know its hard but the end result is soooo worth it. to have a little new member to your family to hold and love. ;D

punkermommy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010 at 03:29 PM »
just got the news today that my grandfather's ((actually my hubby to be's grandfather but i am VERY close to him)) cancer has moved into his back. it could mean he wont make it to the birth of the baby or he could spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. knowing him he will refuse treatment if it means a wheelchair. this man is a huge part of my life. he is going to be the one to give me away at the wedding next year. we all love him to death. you couldnt meet a nicer man. please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. thank you

punkermommy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010 at 11:56 AM »
great news and some blah news
my grandpa is going to be ok!!!!!!! doc says with radition treatment he should have many many years left! i couldnt be more thankful!

i went for an ultrasound yesterday, looks like a boy but they changed my due date to jan 27th ...UGHHH..and i am on bedrest for atleast another month...UGHHHHHHHHHh....

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010 at 10:39 PM »
Allura,
That' wonderful news about your grandfather!
Sorry to hear about the extra time on bedrest. What makes the OB think you have a different due date? Did they talk to you about the length of your cervix?

punkermommy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM »
well they had told me i was due in dec but i never thought i was that far along to start with. when i went for the ultrasound they said by the length of the baby i was at most 15 weeks, and would need to be on bedrest for another month till the womb moved up higher and would stop falling.