Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call For August 16! Who's still cookin'?  (Read 5897 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call For August 16! Who's still cookin'?
« on: August 16, 2010 at 06:02 AM »
Hey there, mamas! Who's still cookin'? How many weeks are you?

What's new since last week? Anything special you are looking forward to this week?

Keep 'em cookin'!
Angela

Ems

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call For August 16! Who's still cookin'?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010 at 07:51 AM »
Hey there.  Still cooking.  Am 19 weeks today - am getting more and more excited as I get further along.  I have got my 19 week scan tomorrow and cant wait.  Getting lots of little kicks which is very reassuring.  Havnt had a scan since my 12 week one.  Had cerclage at 16 weeks and they havnt done any scans as they wanted to wait for swelling, miscarriage, infection risks to reduce.  So I cannot wait for tomorrow.  Am on modified bedrest but have been a bit naughty doing a bit of vacuuming etc.  My husband works over 10 hours each day and its not fair to have him cleaning all weekend.  Am going to try and find a cleaning lady so that I will behave myself a bit better.  We cant really afford it but I think its necessary.  How are you going?  I hope you had a lovely weekend.  Sending great big hygs and belly rubs to all the 'baking' mums out there.  Keep your feet up and keep them cooking. Ems xxxxx

LornaEileen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM »
I'm still here, 30 weeks today! Every week these girls stay in is amazing and I am hopeful I will keep them in longer than the others. I must say I am very tired and it's getting hard to even move but it is all worth it. I have an ultrasound this week to see how big they are and I hope they gained a ton of weight =) I'm a little anxious to see what my cervix is doing as it is getting closer to the time I delivered my first set of twins but I have hope that it will be holding strong and these babies will be able to avoid a long NICU stay. Strengh and love to all the mommies on here.

sammyjobail

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM »
Well I am 32 weeks and 4 days today! Somewhere I thought I would never be, but here we are. Water broke 2 weeks ago and going on day 16 in the hospital. Fluid is pretty low and they are monitoring mom and baby around the clock. I think they are expecting something to happen this week, but it wouldn't be the first time our daughter has thrown them for a loop. She is definitely keeping us all on our toes! And of course now the little booger is breach so it's looking like a c-section. She is weighing in at 4lbs 4oz so we feel pretty good about that. Just looking forward to meeting our little girl soon :) Never thought we would make it to 34 weeks, but I guess it's looking possible. I know how hard bed rest can be, but now that it has been 76 days, I can see now how it is just a small fraction of time looking back. The health of our little ones is the most important thing and this has all been so worth it. I still have days when I want to scream, but knowing we will get to meet our little girl soon and knowing that all the time she has stayed in will only make her healthier when she finally arrives, brings me back to sanity. Hats off to all of you ladies out there cookin'! Happy Monday and hang in there!

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM »
I also am 30 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  10 weeks of bedrest behind me already!
So excited - it feels awesome to hit 30 (didn't feel that way when I had my 30th B-day last winter though :) )   My brother & SIL brought me a bouquet of flowers last night to celebrate!
No appointments this week as I had an extra one last week, for my peace of mind.  My cervical length was slightly better last week (2.9 cm) than the previous week (when it had made a 1 cm decline from 3.5 cm down to 2.5 cm), so that made me feel better.  I'm still measuring a week ahead, so that makes me feel better too for baby's sake :)
My next appt is the 27th of August & will be a cervical length, anatomy u/s & visits with MW & peri.  At that appointment, I expect my MW to talk a little bit about lifting some of my restrictions.  Originally she said weeks 20-32 would be the most restrictive.  So, maybe I can go back to work with modified hours & duties (try to find desk work to do), etc.  
I am bummed to learn that my managers are only going to allow me maternity leave of 6 weeks for vag delivery/8 weeks for c/s :(
I was planning on taking 12 weeks before I ended up on bedrest.  I understand, I'll probably have been off a full 12 weeks already before I *possibly* return to work in some form, and only protected by FMLA for 12 weeks, but it's still disappointing :(  I was hoping maybe I could stretch the maternity leave to 8 or 10 weeks.  I guess I should be fortunate that when I was 1st put on bedrest, my managers told me not to worry about my job at all since we knew my total time off would likely extend beyond 12 weeks by the time maternity leave, etc was factored in.
Hang in there everyone!!

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010 at 04:21 PM »
I'm 32 weeks now, still on strict bedrest at home.  I was in and out of L&D five times last week for contractions every 3-6 minutes.  But my cervix is not changing so my perinatologist said to tough it out during periods of extra irritability.  She wants me to stY out of the hospital. Confusing but I will try.

Hoping4fullterm - what state do you live in?  My HR rep said in CA you get up to four months pregnancy disability before you give birth which is job protected the whole time. Then when you deliver you get six - eight (vag vs cesarian respectively) weeks of disability that is job protected. Then you get another 12 weeks of bonding time.  Seems like even if you're not in CA that your employer should treat pregnancy disability separetely from maternity disability.  If you end up in NICU you will need time to adjust once you are home with baby.  I thought NICU was hard with my son but bringing him home was even harder!  :-)

bedrest is so hard and last pregnancy I could not wait to deliver and get back on my feet.  Ironically I was so exhausted from delivery and the emotional rollercoaster of bedrest (three weeks at home plus three weeks in hospital) that all I wanted to do was rest!  So try to enjoy the rest now as much as you can.  And read books. It might be the last time you read anything other than goodnight moon!   

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010 at 08:17 PM »
I'm still here :) Almost 23 wks. Five wks of bedrest down. Spent the afternoon in the dr's office with contractions every 2-3 mins, so I'm now on terbutalane (or however you spell it) every 4 hours, even at night. I'm not dialating though, so he let me come home :) He wants me back on Friday (or before if the meds don't stop the contractions).
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010 at 09:27 PM »
Hoping4fullterm - what state do you live in?  My HR rep said in CA you get up to four months pregnancy disability before you give birth which is job protected the whole time. Then when you deliver you get six - eight (vag vs cesarian respectively) weeks of disability that is job protected. Then you get another 12 weeks of bonding time.  Seems like even if you're not in CA that your employer should treat pregnancy disability separetely from maternity disability.  If you end up in NICU you will need time to adjust once you are home with baby.  I thought NICU was hard with my son but bringing him home was even harder!  :-) 

My employer is in SD.  I was just briefly looking up FMLA, etc online here & found one place that said:
"It is important to be aware, however, that certain states offer more comprehensive maternity leave options than others. California, for example, is one of few states to offer paid leave (about 55% of your pay for six weeks), while some 20 states offer varying degrees of job-protected maternity leave. "
Looks like you might be lucky to be in CA :)  I will keep looking into it some more, but I've always been told anything pg-related is counted as one "condition" - during pg & postpartum :(  We've been told though that you can have different FMLA claims - one for one condition (say chronic migraines), one for another (maybe chronic back pain) & these would each have there separate 12 week term, as I understood it.  Seems silly to me that pregnancy isn't one condition & postpartum another??

The Dept of Labor states this:
"Covered employers must grant an eligible employee up to a total of 12 workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following reasons:

* for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee;
    * for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;
    * to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
    * to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition."

I will keep researching & maybe make some calls....if anyone else has some expert advice, I'd love to hear it!!

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010 at 09:03 AM »
Amazingly, I'm still here too!  I'm 36 weeks, 4 days, which is when I delivered my first son.  I had an appointment yesterday and am now between 2-3cm dilated, somewhat thick, but soft.  Things have definitely progressed recently, but it's impossible to know how long before the real deal.  I have a feeling that it will be within the next week, but we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck to all of you still on bed rest.  After 3 months of bed rest, it feels so nice to go from wanting the baby to stay inside to wanting him to make his grand entrance!

Jen

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010 at 02:43 PM »
I'm 36 weeks and 4 days as well (Woot Runner123!) and I was fully released from any bed rest modifications or restrictions on Friday.  Wish I can say it's been awesome but adjusting to normal life after 23 weeks of bed rest has been painful, exhausting, and emotional.  I don't know anymore if I want him to stay in or come out!  But it's all up to baby!  One thing is for sure and that's that I am 100% grateful to be here.  I can't wait to meet him!  Hang in there ladies! 

Margaret

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010 at 04:20 PM »
Jen & Margaret I'm so happy for you guys!!!   ;D  I sure hope I'm sitting in your same shoes in 6 weeks :)  How awesome to be at the point where it's all up to baby to stay in or come out whenever it's ready!!

LornaEileen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010 at 04:44 PM »
Well said hoping4fullterm. I hope these girls stay in 6 more weeks. Maybe this time we can avoid a NICU stay.

Ems

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010 at 08:53 PM »
Jen and Margaret - thats AWSOME news - YAYAYAYYAYAYAY.  You should both be so very proud of yourselves.  So many exciting, wonderful times ahead with precious new memories in the making.  Congratulations to both you and please keep us posted when you get a chance once those little people are in your arms.  Well done to all the other mums out there.  To Hoping4fulterm - I am sorry about your mat leave circumstances.  It makes me very grateful for being a government worker in Australia (I am a nurse in a public hospital).  We get 14 weeks full time pay, but we can double that time at half pay.  We are entitiled to a year off but with a written application we can take two years off (unpaid of course!).  I am very lucky to have not taken any paid leave for quite some time and have enough leave left to get half pay for the next six months before I even start my maternity pay.  So grateful because I am only 19 weeks and had to leave work at 14 weeks.  I take my hat off to all of you who are struggling financially.  Its a necessary evil to keep your lil ones cooking hey.  Anyway I just wanted to tell you all that you are amazing and strong women.  Sending great big hugs and belly rubs accross the miles from Perth, Western Australia xxxxxx