Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call For August 23! Who's still cookin'?  (Read 4869 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call For August 23! Who's still cookin'?
« on: August 23, 2010 at 01:28 PM »
How's everyone doing? Any appointments this week? What else are you looking forward to?  :)

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call For August 23! Who's still cookin'?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010 at 03:16 PM »
I'm here to say that I'm at 31 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy to be at this point, but every week I get greedier & greedier, wanting more & more :)
I had professional pregnancy/family pictures taken last night & can't wait to see the finished product!!!  I never got the chance to do this w/ my last pregnancy, so it was a lot of fun!
I noticed some increased contractions this weekend - probably a combination of being due for my 17P shot & having my MIL & SIL visiting.  Things seem calmer today, thankfully.  I'm anxiously/patiently awaiting my appointment which is on Friday - it will be the end of 31 weeks for me & think it was actually suppose to be my 32 week appt but this was the best day they could come up w/ to have both my MW & peri there at the same time. 
Last they told me was that at 32 weeks they stop checking cervical lengths via u/s, so...this could potentially be last look at baby before s/he arrives!!  Also, my last chance to see if they can tell me baby's gender for my crazy :) MIL!  I've refused up until our 28 week scan where they tried but baby's legs were crossed.  If they can see gender (my eyes will be closed), it will be written in an envelope & sent to her alone - for her to keep SECRET til baby is born.  She so desperately wants to start buying stuff but I said there was no way I was going to potentially trust her with that secret for possibly 20 weeks.  This way she only has to keep her mouth shut for a month or so (depending when we mail the letter) :)
Hope to hear from a bunch more mamas still cookin!!

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010 at 04:03 PM »
hoping4fullterm, lol on the gender saga with your MIL!  It's fun that finding out the gender is one of the things to worry about at this point.  It shows just how far you have come!

I'm 37w 3d, and I'm getting close!  I was 4cm at my appointment this afternoon.  I'm supposed to go to L&D if I get any regular contractions (not to wait for 5-1-1), since I'm GBS positive and so far dilated.  My doctor wants to make sure that they have the 4 hours needed to give me the antibiotics and that I make it to the hospital in time to deliver.  I'm so excited that I've made it this far and that the big day is near!

Good luck to all of you still on bed rest!   

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010 at 04:59 PM »
37 weeks and 3 days too!!!  Had my appointment last week & I'm only 1cm dilated and my cervix is solid as a rock!  However my OB is concerned at how big the baby is.  He doesn't want to leave him in too long and risk a C-Section.  Baby was measuring 4lbs 4oz 8 weeks ago.  So we will do another ultrasound at this week's appointment to get a new measurement and if I haven't gone into labor he wants to schedule me to be induced Monday Aug 30th.  That's next Monday!  How wierd is it that we tried from day one to KEEP him IN and now we are PLANNING to take him out!  Tomorrow I will be officially as pregnant as I have ever been!  Both of my other 2 boys were born at 37 (7lbs 6oz & 21") & 37 1/2 weeks (7lbs 13oz & 19").  I'm grateful but I'm also so ready for him to come out!  Blogged about it~ http://thegoodthebadthefamily.blogspot.com/

Side note, I have a friend who went into labor last week at 28 weeks & she was at 3cm.  They stopped labor and gave her magnesium & steroid shots.  The plan was for her to do hospital bed rest for a week and if that went well then bed rest at home.  She called me and said she knew that I had been on bed rest but with this being her first, she didn't know what an emotional roller coaster it was.  She didn't know what she was fighting for.  I advised her to join Keepemcookin but I haven't seen her here and I haven't heard from her since (she's in CA).  Please keep her, her hubby, & thier daughter in prayer!

Margaret

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010 at 05:01 PM »
Congrats to BOTH of you for hitting 37 weeks!!!!!!  You are my inspiration!!

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
I'm here :) Almost 24 wks. I was put on terbutaline last Monday as my contractions were 3 mins apart, but the meds have settled things down. Now the only contractions I feel are the big ones and usually I don't get more than one per hour. My dr actually talked about having me make it past 30 wks at my appt on Friday! As long as I make it that long, he's keeping me on meds until 35-36 wks.
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010 at 08:22 PM »
Hi ladies!  I'm still here at 33 weeks.  Only went once to L&D last week. Cervix got longer at 2.3 cm and dialated 1 cm - apparantly totally normal for this point in pregnancy.  Hopefully that was my last cervical length ultrasound.  Happy to let go of that anxiety.  Silly little millimeters!  I must admit that since reaching 32 weeks I feel so much better.  Seriously relieved.  There were some dark days at 24-28 weeks when I was having heavy contractions.  Hard to look back so I look forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks.

Congrats to the mentors at 37 weeks!  Way to go!

We are having a heat wave here in southern California.  Finally feels like summer!

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010 at 09:46 PM »
munchkinsmom, I'm so glad to hear that things have settled down.  I hope things stay nice and calm!

babyhope, yay for a longer cervix and for not having to sweat those millimetres anymore!

Margaret, with the same due date, wouldn't it be funny if we actually end up delivering on the same day?  If I make it until Monday and I'm beyond 4cm, I'm going to be sent to be induced too. My doctor wants to make sure that I have time to get the antibiotics for GBS (it takes 4 hours) and that I deliver in the hospital (he's concerned that I'll labour quickly once things get going since I'm dilated so far already). 

hmaryse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010 at 01:50 PM »
I haven't posted for a while, but I'm still here and I'm still cookin'! I'm currently 26.5 weeks, which seems oh so doable. When my membranes ruptured at 14 weeks they told me that if I did not reseal by 24 weeks I would be readmitted to the hospital to begin receiving steroid injections and another course of antibiotics. Well...24 weeks came and went and I am not in the hospital! I have to say that's one of the biggest reasons to celebrate I can think of. Praise the Lord! Now that I'm past the big 24 week mark I feel like I'm working on four-week goals. My next goal is 28 weeks, then 32, then 36. I'm greedy to make it to 36 weeks, but right now my fluid looks awesome and my cervix was 3.5 at my last appointment, so there's no reason to think I can't make it to 36. I am so thankful. I've been upgraded to modified bedrest, and I only see my doctor every two weeks now, which feels really weird after seeing them every week for ten weeks. I have another appointment this Friday and we'll see how everything's going. This baby is a flipper and has gone back and forth between being breech and being head down a few times, so I'm not sure which way he or she is pointing now. But I'm thinking breech--I keep thinking I feel an elbow jabbing me right next to my bellybutton. The coolest thing that's happened so far is that my 23-month-old son was able to feel the baby kicking last week. I put his hand on my tummy, he felt the baby kick him, and he laughed and said, "More, please!" I

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010 at 01:30 PM »
Went to L&D for what I thought was my normal routine but got a positive FFN and the terb is not keeping the contractions away.  So now I am living in antepartum in the hospital for the next 9 days with constant toco monitors.  But I'm still pregnant and that's what matters.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010 at 07:22 AM »
Babyhope, I'm thinking about you all the time. You CAN get through this. Send us an update, okay?

miasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010 at 05:49 PM »
Still here and cooking.  I have made it too 33 1/2 wks.  So excited.  Didn't know if we would make it this far.  Baby measured at 4 lbs at 31 1/2 wks. Doctor was happy about that.  Doctor said today that I have some dimpling.  I told him my biggest fear was a c-section since I can not have big babies.  Dr said not to worry he thinks "if" I make 36 wks he would be suprised and don't think I will make it to 37 wks. If I do we will talk induction.  The end is near.  Have to make it though this weekend since my sister in law is throwing me a baby shower.  Let's cross our fingers and legs that I stay prego though the weekend.