Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: HI, new here to website,  (Read 1962 times)

crowleka

• View Profile
HI, new here to website,
« on: September 23, 2010 at 04:41 PM »
Hi, I am 30 weeks pregnant with my second child.  I have been on bedrest at home now for over 5 weeks with a shortened cervix and now a postive fffn.  Anyone have any experience with a positive ffn?  Anyone have any experience with their cervix lengthening?  With my first son, my water broke at 28 weeks and he was born at 31 weeks.  I am just so nervous and scared  to have another preemie even though my son is going great! 

Bedrest is going ok, I am just getting tired of laying around, i am usually really active.  It is also hard that i cant play with my son and that he cant be home with me during the day :(  Also hard to to have all this time off of work, and not be able to work on projects and get stuff done around the house.  My husband has been great stepping up and taking care of us and the house, but i feel guilty that I cant do anything.   Anyone have any advice on surviving bedrest?

I just feel lucky for every day i continue to be pregnant!  I want to try to avoid the NICU at all costs! 

Kim

twinmommy2

• Loving my 33 week twin boys!
    • View Profile
Re: HI, new here to website,
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010 at 09:18 PM »
hello!

ive been on bedrest 7weeks so far and have 14 to go lol! i was really miserable at first.i found that once i took the simplist things and turned them into a routine i became much happier. i wake up every morning, shower, then play on computer, then i watch tv, read and such. i keep a routine until my s/o comes home from work...it makes it more bearable when you have a plan for the day :)