Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Preeclampsia  (Read 18528 times)

lulu1026

• View Profile
Re: Preeclampsia
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009 at 03:53 PM »
Drs appointment went well today. I do have to go tomorow because he thinks I have bllod clots in my legs. This will be the second time.

I will be 35 weeks saturday.... 5 weeks left. I can do this.....RIGHT?

lulu1026

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009 at 08:20 PM »
I have superficial blood clots in my vericlose veins. They can not do much about them. My BP has been really great this week. I will be 36 weeks on Satuday and no dialation- no nothing. This is so frustrating.

I feel just bad tonight and want to crawl in bed and god to sleep but need to spend some time with my sweet husband. Any one else feeling this way? This bed rest is depressing.

stac_4u

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM »
 hello everyone!  a little bit about my pregnancy.  i am 34 weeks and i have been having high blood pressure problems.  about 3 weeks ago my doctor put me on bed rest.  the highest that i have seen my bp was 167/98.  almost 2 weeks ago i started a second high blood pressure medicine that seemed to be working.  this is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time i have had issue with my blood pressure.  i also have anxiety so im sure that doesn’t help any.  i stopped taking my anxiety medicine when i found out i was pregnant.  with my blood pressure issues and the closer im getting to the end of my pregnancy i am getting extremely anxious which i believe is one reason my blood pressure goes up.  i try to stay clam and think positive things but the truth is im scared.  im scared my anxiety is gonna kick in when i go into labor and im scared my blood pressure will go up.  i didnt have anxiety when i had my other two children.  i dont know whats gotten into me because i was doing fine up until yesterday.  if anyone has some encouraging advice i would love to hear it.  these forums always make me feel better  :)

mulberry

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009 at 08:02 PM »
Hi, I was put on bedrest for "high risk" of preeclampsia just before week 31. I'm at 35 weeks now: 4 weeks down! I have been drinking a gallon of water every day (well, most days!), doing some modified exercises while lying down, and lying on my left side on the couch most of the time. I get up for meals and climb the stairs once/twice a day.
My OB says that although I am managing well with the bedrest, BP is good, amnio fluid good, the pre-e will worsen and I will need to be induced. Probably won't make it to full 40 weeks. Don't know if that helps the earlier poster, but my OB said it didn't matter what I did - although it's important to do what I can - but the pre-e will worsen.
I too try not to worry. Very difficult.
My tips, such as they are: hulu and netflix watch instantly for TV shows. Online scrabble.
Good luck everyone!!

MomInWI2009

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009 at 08:43 PM »
My diagnosis during pregnancy was PIH, but since giving birth I guess it has been changed to Pre-eclampsia.  I delivered during week 39, via c-section because my little bundle was not so little (9lbs 8oz), and my protein kept creeping up (was on bedrest for the month preceding).  I did not realize how much swelling I was having until after I delivered and saw my face... and realized my face had been puffy for who knows how many months...

Anyway, I ended up in the hospital a week after delivery due to waking up chilled and having difficulty breathing.  Because of the c-section they were concerned about blood clots but also found fluid on my lungs so were concerned about a condition called postpartum cardiomyopathy.  It turned out I had neither (THANK GOD), but I was and am thoroughly freaked out to know that this PE can still be affecting me!!!  I was kept for 24 hour observation, put on Lasix for 10 days, and also have been on Labetalol since the delivery.  My bps have been very good, and I lost around 20lbs in water weight in a couple of days.  It is so freaky how different my body looks and feels. 

I was told that it is highly unlikely that I would get PE with another pregnancy... but wow, after all that... I am a bit too freaked to consider another pregnancy...  Are there any out there who only had PE with the first?  Any who had it more often?

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Preeclampsia/PIH --Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010 at 11:41 PM »
Over the last couple of days, I've met several women through Twitter who are dealing with pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and preeclampsia. I thought it might be good to bump this topic back to the home page of the Forum so you all can connect with one another. Feel free to read the older posts, but also feel free to post new messages too. Most important, don't hesitate to call your OB day or night if you are experiencing:

Blood pressure where either number is above 140 over 90.
Dizziness
Nausea
Headaches
Seeing spots
Extreme fatigue
Pain under your right rib
Sudden swelling

Be safe!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM by Angela »

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM »
From what I've read, it's actually more accurate to go by your baseline blood pressure. If the top number rises more than 30 points and/or the bottom number rises more than 15 points, then they classify it as high blood pressure. For women with lower baselines, that would make the numbers lower than 140/90 :)
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions