Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cerclage at 10 weeks  (Read 3581 times)

livingwithoutthem

• View Profile
Cerclage at 10 weeks
« on: November 22, 2010 at 07:29 PM »
Hi all,

I have not been a part of this forum much because I wasn't pregnant.  I lost twin girls at 22 weeks in June.

Well, I am now pregnant with twins again and I go in tomorrow for a cerclage at 10 weeks.

Not sure which type I am getting yet, they will determine tomorrow...but I am scared and excited all at once.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how bad it hurts...I am really worried about that...how long does the procedure take and do they just give you a spinal or can they put you under?  Will I be ok for Thanksgiving or will I be in bed?

I don't want to be awake for it...not one little bit...i am afraid i will be sick and pass out lol

Anyway, any advice would be fantastic.

Thanks
Lei

stayinthere

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage at 10 weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010 at 11:59 PM »
I haven't had a cerclage, but I wanted to wish you the best and hope for a good holiday and most of all a long and healthy pregnancy!

livingwithoutthem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010 at 01:35 PM »
Thanks!

Everything went great...I felt absolutely no pain and I am feeling great!

My doctor is wonderful!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010 at 06:55 AM »
Lei,
Congratulations on your twin pregnancy! And I'm so happy to hear the cerclage went well! I've thought about you often since your loss in June. Is this the same OB you saw this past summer? Have you talked to your OB about getting progesterone injections (17p)? The combination of cerclage plus progesterone is VERY effective. Here's link, if you're interested: http://bit.ly/9K5m3n On that page, about half way down, an OB answers a question from another mom who lost twin girls at 22 weeks, and she discusses the ceclage/17P combo.

Keep us updated, okay? You have our support!
Angela