Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: anyone experience 17P injection burning  (Read 4777 times)

2ndtimeBedrestmamma

• View Profile
anyone experience 17P injection burning
« on: November 23, 2010 at 08:42 PM »
Hello,

I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and just got my 17th shot today.  So happy I got this far!  I have incompetent cervix and pre term labor from the start.  Has anyone experienced burning at the injection site?  This is the first time it felt this way.  I am waiting for the nurse to call me back to see what can be done to ease the pain.  It only hurts when i lay on the site.  Which is very hard to prevent because it's on the left side and I get very uncomfortable laying on my right side.  My bp gets low from the procardia making it tough to stay on right side for long...it's one thing after another. 

Any suggestions to ease the burning would be appreciated!

stayinthere

• View Profile
Re: anyone experience 17P injection burning
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM »
I had some burning/pain/soreness after my first shot. I didn't want to sit or lay on that side at all. They used a 21 gauge needle to pull the meds and another 21 gauge needle to inject. This isn't your first shot, so I wouldn't suspect it is the needle size, but switching to a 22 gauge (smaller) needle to inject had a lot less residual pain. I also would make sure there isn't any redness or swelling around the area. Otherwise, just call and ask your doc. Hope this helps :)

livingwithoutthem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010 at 01:36 PM »
I haven't had the shot yet, coming soon though, but one of the things they told me to expect was burning...they keep saying its a "Nasty shot" lol

so i guess some people can experience some pain/issues with it.

2ndtimeBedrestmamma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010 at 05:06 PM »
Thanks for the info  :)  i used an ice pack and it felt better.  I got nervous since it wasn't listed as one of its side effects on the info sheet i received.  Maybe my body is saying enough already, lol. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011 at 04:43 PM »
My nurse suggests ice packs to ease the burning.  Good luck.  I have 6 shots remaining - can't wait to be done with that!
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.