Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Poll

How many of you have taken the flu shot?

No Flu Shot
2 (28.6%)
Doctor Recommended Flu Shot
1 (14.3%)
I requested the flu shot
2 (28.6%)
I refused the flu shot
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 21, 2010 at 08:49 PM

Author Topic: Flu Shot  (Read 3760 times)

DFTLEE

• View Profile
Flu Shot
« on: December 14, 2010 at 08:49 PM »
Hi Ladies,
I am trying to get a sense of whether or not the flu shot is a standard practice or not. please be so kind as to give response to my poll. Thanks.

stayinthere

• View Profile
Re: Flu Shot
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010 at 12:27 AM »
I wrote I requested it because I work in healthcare and needed it earlier than most to protect my patients. My doctors nurse followed up with me closer to flu season to make sure I had it. If I hadn't she would have recommended it.

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010 at 08:52 AM »
I have gotten the flu shot for the last 20+ years.

When  you're prego you should get it at the dr's office if possible - and ask for a single dose one rather then the multi does ones - this reduces the amount of bad preservatives in the shot.
This is the standard of care in Canada - but else where make i'm not sure.
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

blessedmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010 at 01:07 PM »
no flu shot for us. anytime i have gotten the flu shot, i have gotten the flu for more than a week. i work with the public. when i dont get the shot, and im around people all the time, i dont get the flu at all! I have a great immune system though. my doc didn't feel it was necessary for baby - he is a minimalist when it comes to vaccines.

autoimmunelife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010 at 01:49 PM »
With the swine flu vaccine being part of the regular vaccine this year I chose not to get it. Normally I do get it, but was not comfortable with that portion of the vaccine while pregnant.

pixie

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010 at 07:50 PM »
No shot.
I never get it.

Well, actually, last year I got the swine flu one. But only because we have a child with little/no immune system who couldn't take it, and certainly shouldn't get sick from it, so the rest of the family took it to protect her more. (And we had a little foster baby in the house then also, too young to take it.)

But, now that I'm pregnant, there is no way I'm risking taking anything like that (flu or swine flu shot). And my OBGYN hasn't suggested it either.
(I don't even want to take a paracetamol when pregnant, my OBGYN knows that, so.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010 at 07:52 PM by pixie »

BedrestPractitioner

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
As a practitioner in the natural healthcare field, it is my belief and philosophy that the body is capable of strengthening itself, with support from natural, healthy resources, and, as a result, keeping the flu at bay.  I encourage preventive health methods as a way of living.  I have witnessed pregnant clients support their health with natural remedies, such as, Aromatherapy, Herbs, and Homeopathy, and maintained flu-free issues.