Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 19 weeks with twins and short cervix.  (Read 2924 times)

Camroline

• View Profile
19 weeks with twins and short cervix.
« on: December 16, 2010 at 11:37 PM »
Hi, I live in Australia, I'm 36 and 19 weeks pregant with twins but on bed rest as my cevix has gone from 3.7cm to just 1.5 in three weeks. I've already had 3 miscarriages at 6 weeks and thought i was finally in the clear but this new obstacle is really challenging me. Also, 2 years ago exctly today I was in ICU fighting for my life from a brain hemorrage and stroke. i spent 2 months in a hospital bed. i thought nothing could ever be worse. Now i'm fighting for my babies lives hoping i can make it through 3-4 more months on bedrest. i'm on progesterone suppositories and everytime i get up to pee i'm scared i'll harm my babies. any advice or reassuring success stories??

JacErnst

• View Profile
Re: 19 weeks with twins and short cervix.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010 at 06:23 AM »
Welcome Camroline,
I'm happy you found us.
As silly and trite as this sounds, well all just take it one day at a time.
I am an avid blogger, and I had started a blog long before babE was on board, so now instead of weekly posts, it gets almost daily posts. It helps to just get your emotions out and sometimes let them go, at least that's what I've been feeling for the last few weeks. Books are helpful, just getting into a good book can pass so much time.
My husband loves to cook, so I research new recipes for us to try out once we're off bedrest and home. I started to crochet and knit again - and even though i've forgotten most of what my Grandmother taught me, youtube brings it all back. lionbrand.com has a lot of free patterns, all you have to do is sign up for a weekly newsletter - and then put it in junk (lol)
Another great thing is just being able to listen to music or watch movies on your laptop if you have one at the hospital. I used to teach yoga and pilates - before being put to bed - but I have a lot of my yoga music on my laptop so when I need to just focus or nap, I thrown on some calm classical music and put my head phones in. Great for reading too - cuts out all the noises from the hospital.

I'm not a success story yet - but some day we both will be. We're here for you every day - remember to log in Monday for roll call - we can see how everyones doing and catch up. Defiantly something to look forward to.
Praying for you and your two little ones!
blessings,
jacE
jacernst.typepad.com.babeblessings
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

Camroline

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010 at 12:55 AM »
Thanks Jaqe, it's nice to hear from someone in the same boat. how many weeks are you? are you in hospital. they won't admit me until i get to 22 weeks. i know home is more comfortable but i will feel so much safer in hospital. our old slow laptop is a lifesaver. i read, watch tv which i find boring, do crosswords and nintendo ds rain and vision training but i'm so restless to get out and walk in the fresh air. i've only been on bedrest for two weeks and knowng there's another 20 weeks with no guarantees is so heartbreaking.
what is the best position? everything hurts! knees up or down???
best wishes to you xo

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010 at 08:29 AM »
I was in the hospital for a few days at the beginning, but now I'm home. I've spent too much of my life in hospitals that I would rather be at home. If I have any issues I'm back in the hospital, but I'm really hoping that I don't have to be back there anytime soon.
I'm still doing a bit of work from home - thank goodness - or i would be bored out of my mind every day. I usually spend 2 or 3 hours getting work done here or on conference calls. But this can only happen when I'm at home since I wont have access to our server at the hospital.

Keep focusing on those two little ones you'll be holding in 20 weeks.  We're here for you!

hugs!!! i'm praying for you!
Jac
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor