Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 1st pregnancy - bedrest until March  (Read 3082 times)

JacErnst

• View Profile
1st pregnancy - bedrest until March
« on: December 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM »
New here, but thought I would share - it's nice to know i'm not the only one!
i'm Jac - I live in Canada, about an hour outside Toronto.
I'm 26, and pregnant with our first child, a boy to be born in March 2011.
Everything was going well - have never been told we would have issues having children. Went for our 18 week u/s - and when the results came back they sent us for another one - my cervix was 3cm - and that's my dr's cut off for monitoring it - so at 21 weeks, went back for another u/s and it was down to 2.1cm in 3 weeks and quite a bit of funneling - about 5mm! not a good thing. So I was put to bed, allowed to get up for an hour a day - eat dinner or have a bath and bathroom breaks. Not much else. We were seen at 23 weeks at the best hospital in the area for prenatal care - another u/s - and the bed rest did it's job, and we were back up to 2.7cm with no more funneling.
So here we are - just past 25 weeks - and i have another 15 weeks on bed rest until Gray is set to arrive.
The doctors are confident they can get us to 34 weeks, and that after 36 weeks they're comfortable with him arriving. I may have a February baby after all.
i'm on progesterone suppositories daily - and u/s every two weeks and see the Dr every 2 weeks for now. I think in January we'll be bumped up to seeing her every week.
i'm thankful to have a resource to talk to all of you. we're in this together! and we can do it!
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

AvaBaby

• View Profile
    • AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
Re: 1st pregnancy - bedrest until March
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010 at 01:11 PM »
I am the grandmother of 2 preemies, the first a 26.5 weeker. Her mommy, my daughter was put on bedrest at 22 weeks and was admitted to the hospital at 24 weeks. It's a tough job to lay in bed, but worth it to keep them cooking for as long as possible. So I am here to cheer you and all of these lovely ladies and really tough mommas on!!!
Rebecca
Grandmother of 2 preemies.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010 at 09:09 PM »
Hi JacErnst!

that is great news to be back up to 2.7 cm!!!

Great attitude, you can do it. the time will go by quicker than you realize...

take care,

beee315

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM »
HI
Thank you for sharing your story. Im in the same boat aswell. Im 26 years expecting my first child and at 18 weeks my cervix was thinning out and now at 28 weeks I have close to no cervix. I have been placed on hospital bed rest since 23 weeks and there have been no changes. My baby is also due in March 2011. There are times when I feel depressed about everything. I worry about my baby 24/7 and I can only hope I make it full term, but my doctors are thinking late Jan early Feb. Im more than positive that we can do this  :)
Brenda