Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Feeling lonely  (Read 3003 times)

beee315

• View Profile
Feeling lonely
« on: December 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM »
Hello
I'm so happy to have heard about this website. I have really great nurses and they are taking care of me. Im 28 weeks pregnant and have been placed on bedrest for a week now. My cervix is pretty much gone and the doctors say being on bedrest is what is best for the baby and I at this point. I have never in my life felt so lonely and all I can think about is being here for many days to come. One would think you are pregnant and you should be happy, but I feel more scared than anything and just lonely. I hope to meet new friends and share experiences with you all
Brenda

Paola

• View Profile
Re: Feeling lonely
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM »
Hi Brenda,

I know exactly how you are feeling. My first week was terrible I was so sad, crying for everything and feeling lonely... but things get better I promise!. Just keep yourself occupied, you can read, knit, take naps... All this efforts are going to be worth it.

Take care,
Paola

beee315

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010 at 02:22 PM »
Thank you!
Brenda

lynsrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010 at 09:26 PM »
I know exactly how you feel Brenda.  I was and am a very independent person and to have everything stripped away from you so suddenly is quite the shock.  I cried every day for 2 weeks. I finally realized I felt better to just go with the flow and think positively.  My friends and family dropped by magazines, books, crossword puzzles, etc.  Don't be afraid to ask for some entertainment, other than this website that is all that keeps me sain!  I feel for you and wish you the best.  I am now 32 weeks and have been on bedrest since 24 so I completely understand how you are feeling.  It feels like an eternity that you are going to be in bed but it really goes by fast when you keep busy.  Check with your hospital for social groups and even massages- mine in Houston offers massages to keep your blood moving and the social groups will sometimes meet in your room upon request.

Hang in there, you will have a beautiful baby before you know it!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010 at 06:09 PM »
So, are you on hospital bed rest or at home?  Sounds like hospital.  Sorry to hear that. 
My bed rest is at home, hopefully it stays that way.  I miss being able to drive a car.  I miss being able to touch my toes  :P (I'm 30 weeks today).    Isn't daytime TV just awful?  The worst hours of the day for me are 10-11 and 2-3...as far as TV entertainment goes.   
Our local library allows me to reserve books online and then my husband can just walk into and pick them up.  What else do I do to fill the time?  Emailing friends, sudoko puzzles, buying things from MY OWN registry online. 
Send me a message when you are bored during the day - I'll be around. 
Reaganh3
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.