Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: My Story  (Read 3043 times)

Reaganh3

• View Profile
My Story
« on: December 30, 2010 at 06:00 PM »
It's a girl.  Due date is March 10th.  I have a 'history' of pre-term labor (gave birth to twins at 22w+3, they did not survive).   :(
So this pregnancy we were doing the 17p shots (began at 18 weeks).  I've been on bed rest since Nov 24th (35 days so far, but who's counting?) because I started having contractions (25 weeks at the time).  They had me taking terbutaline sulfate (sp?) for about 2 weeks to keep the cervix relaxed.  Haven't needed that stuff since.  Recently I failed my gestational diabetes tests, so now I'm watching my diet and testing my sugar 4 times a day.  At last ultrasound (29 weeks), the baby weighed 2lbs 15 oz and my cervical length was 2.5.
 My pregnancy is now being 'co-managed' by my ob/gyn and a perinatologist.  That basically means double the appointments, but it gives me some feeling that everything will be ok. 
 Anyhoo - bed rest is no fun, I'm sure you all agree.  Closest family member is 4 hours away, so I've only seen them for a few days over Thanksgiving & Christmas.  My best friend is 35 weeks pregnant and has a 2 year old, so I can't rely on her too heavily.  Basically I am alone a lot and its HARD.  :(  My husband has to use time off to take me to all these appointments, which really sucks because I would prefer him to have lots of time off available after she is born - especially if she's born early.  I worry that she'll be born early and my maternity leave will be over before she even gets to come home from the hospital.  Doctors can't give me any guess as to how many more weeks we'll go.  I am a little worried that this baby will be born on my twins 'birth day' (Feb 8th) - that would be tough - I will be 35 weeks at that point.  Didn't expect to get pregnant first try the second time around!  Seems my problems are related to finishing what I start, not fertility.   :-\
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

elypineda

• View Profile
Re: My Story
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story...  I'm so sorry you had to go through the loss of your twins.  There is nothing that can replace that pain, but you have been blessed with this pregnancy, and you have come such a long way already - congratulations.  Sounds like you've been doing everything in your power to make it this far, and to continue cookin your baby girl.  Keep it up!!  Bedrest is definitely no fun.  I was in bedrest at home for almost 2 weeks, and have been in hospital bedrest for almost another 2 weeks - it is so tough to be away from my 18 month old daughter and hubby.  I would do anything to be able to do bedrest at home, but understand that this is the best place for me and my baby boy to be at this time no matter how HARD it is...  You know what, you will finish strong, and that's all that matter. Hey, that's actually a nice motto for us bedrest mommies "Finish Strong".
As always, lots of strength and patience to all the mommies in this forum.

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011 at 04:39 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  I was so surprised to see my name on Twitter!  I am SO BORED... 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011 at 08:20 PM »
Hi, Reagan!

Do you know I post an Idea of the Day each week day here: www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx Hope you'll check it out! That should waste at least an hour each day!  ;)

I also wanted to let you (and everyone else) know about an organization called Better BedRest that matches up bedrest moms with former bedresters, who will give you a call each week.

Everyone, please check them out at: www.BetterBedRest.org

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela