Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Jan. 3, 2011  (Read 8517 times)

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Jan. 3, 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011 at 09:17 AM »
Congratulations to all for making it another week!!

Despite having only a 0.1 cm (or 1mm) thick funneling cervix at 26 weeks (no cerclage), after 10 weeks of strict bedrest, 1 week of modified and 3 weeks of working full time once full term, I made it to 40 weeks and 2 days!!

My baby was born New Years Eve, weighing 8 lbs and 3 oz, 21 inches long.  He is perfect (despite warnings of possible trisomy 18 and hydronephrosis, fortunately he has neither of these either!) He was born using hypnobabies which helped manage the pain.

Bedrest is not easy (miserable on many days, especially the really nice ones when I just wanted to stand outside and enjoy fresh air but was terrified of the extra pressure that would put on my cervix)  but it was so worth it to have this little one in the end.  Big sister (21 months) is adjusting well and thanks to Angela for keeping this site here for others to know we are not alone!!!

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011 at 09:55 AM »
I'm so excited for you! A great way to start a new year!

We can do this girls - we're all a week closer - and we can make it through. I'm so thankful I found all of you!

blessings girls!

Jac
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

pillowqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011 at 11:07 AM »
Congrats 122910 - that's great news. I am so happy you got your 3 weeks extra of work in for some much needed funds AND your healthy little bundle. What a great new year for you!

pixie

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011 at 09:31 AM »
I was gonna ask for some good thoughts too, I was admitted today with strong belly pain and contractions. They're not regular atm., they have been though (every 2 min. earlier) but it's a tad calmer now. We're still hoping they'll come down and go away. Been going on for 6 hours. Pain started earlier, and we're worried about placenta rupture like last time. Everything looked good on the U/S. My BP is high, but I'm in pain so we're thinking that's why, blood tests are good.
I'm 34+1, so they won't stop it now.

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011 at 09:34 AM »
BEST WISHES TO PIXIE!!!!!!
Try to stay calm, if you can.  Think positive thoughts.
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

pixie

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011 at 03:14 AM »
Thank you so much, guys, he's still in there! And I'm absolutely not in labour right now! Pain went away late last night, and today (9 am. here) I've only had one contraction, not very painful, and a few Braxton-Hicks, but that's fine. Unless something changes a lot before my OBGYN gets here, I'm so going home. I don't get much sleep with a roomie, need sleep.
Here's to a weekend at home, and Popcorn cooking a little longer!

lynsrich

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011 at 06:44 PM »
Update:
My husband and I couldnt have asked for a better appt. yesterday.  Our ultrasound showed that our baby is 5lbs., 10ozs already!  I will be 35 weeks on Sunday.  My high risk doc thinks I may be able to make it to 38 weeks.  Even though I am so ready to have Paisli it is great to know that bed rest really did the job keeping my baby undelivered and healthy!

I started itching really bad last night, doc had me do a blood test today to check my liver.  Hope to get good results on Monday to keep the positive streak going.  No need to worry over the weekend, what will be will be. 

Stay positive ladies, you are keeping your baby(ies) safe and strong by being on bed rest and that is all that matters right now.

I send hugs and best wishes to everyone!

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011 at 08:52 PM »
Lynsrich, that is great news!! Congratulations