Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to site bedrest with cerclage at 17.5 weeks., so scared :-(  (Read 4264 times)

Nursebetty74

• View Profile
New to site bedrest with cerclage at 17.5 weeks., so scared :-(
« on: December 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM »
I'm so happy to have found this site! I am pregnant with my second child. Our first was born after 6 years of trying and 2 rounds of in vitro. We had a rough delivery that ended in an emergency c section and 10 days in the hospital for a uterine infection. Imagine our surprise when 9 months later we found we were pregnant! We have been told for years it was not possible.

We went in for the anatomy scan at 17.5 weeks and the doc stopped half way through to book an or for my cerclage. He said my cervix looked like a cored out apple and I had funneling . I stayed in for a few days for antibiotics and I was sent home for bedrest indefinately. I like to think of myself as a strong but I have cried everyday since. The combination of not being able to take care of my son and feeling like a burden to my husband is killing me. My mother lost her job and we had her move in with us to get back on her feet so she has been an incredible help, but I feel useless :-(

Thank you for all of your success stories they are keeping me hopeful. 19 weeks on Saturday .......

blessedmom

• View Profile
Re: New to site bedrest with cerclage at 17.5 weeks., so scared :-(
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM »
I think it is natural to feel useless when you are forced to stop everything, but remember, what you are doing is amazingly brave and you are caring for your son by taking care of his sibling! I felt guilty about my husband doing everything, but it turns out, it made him feel less guilty for what I was going through. I am glad you found this site - it has been a Godsend for me! Wonderful women. Never feel like you're coomplaining - get it all out here! Congrats on your pregnancy and take it easy. Sometimes taking it easy turns out to be the hardest thing in the world to do! Adding you to my prayers. You are so strong to get through the struggle to get pregnant, you can do this too!

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010 at 11:13 AM »
We're all here for you. I was put on bedrest at 21 weeks - I had a thin cervix and funneling - but they wouldn't do a cerclage because I was past 18 weeks and that's the cut off here in Canada. It was hard to give up the idea of an easy pregnancy. I think we have all gone through that.
You are doing one of the hardest but best things you can for your family. You're making sure that you're child has a fighting chance. I'm glad that your mom is able to bless you and help you through this. I can't imagine not being able to look after your son, but at least you know that he's in capable hands, and he's there when you need a hug!

I've spend years putting on the public face required by my family's position. But I finally realized - with the help of these girls - that it's okay to just let it go. I cried in front of 3000 people on Sunday morning. And it made me feel so much better. we don't have to be positive all the time - we just can't let the negative take over.
19 weeks is great - and before you know it you'll be at 29 weeks, and 39 weeks.
We'll do it together.
if you need to vent or rant or just scream into space - we're here.

I'm praying for you and your little one!
blessings.
J
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

Nursebetty74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010 at 08:17 PM »
Ladies thank you so much for the warm welcome and encouraging words!

Camroline

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010 at 07:41 PM »
I know xactly how you feel! I'm 20 weeks and have been on  bed rest since 17. It is so hard but each day does actually get easier. I'm a control freak so losing control of my home is awful. we are so lucky to have such amazing husbands and support. I'm just a bit sick of people telling me to enjoy doing nothing because when my twins arrive i'll be busy!!... i want to be busy!! this is my first pregnancy and i feel so robbed of the experience but we have been blessed with these babies and we have to do whatever it takes to get them here healthy and safe. knowing this is a common thing also helps. i wish you all the best and hope we all get through this. strength in numbers!!
Caroline xo 

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011 at 09:39 AM »
I understand how bed rest can make you feel guilty - but just remember you are the only one who can take care of this new baby.  You have to do what is best for him or her.  The cerclage should help.  I had a friend who went through that.  A few weeks after the procedure she back on her feet again.  Even if you have to remain on bed rest - just know there are people on this forum who understand.  Stay off your feet and protect this new little baby.  Good luck!  Best Wishes!!
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.